Need urgent help. newly build pc's inbuilt lan port not working.

bzdsftw

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Hi, I'd appreciate all the help I can get. Yesterday, I built a pc -
asrock z77 pro3 mobo, i5 3570k 3.4ghz, ati 7950, 8gb kingston ddr3 1600mhz ram, corsair 650w psu, a hyper 212 evo and a 500gb hdd with a 128gb ssd all in a cm haf912 case.

My problem is that everything works fine except for the inbuilt gigabit lan port. I'm accessing the net through an old pci-e slot network card i found, and I'd really like to use the inbuilt gigabit port. The realtek drivers do not appear under device manager. I installed the latest network drivers from asrock - (Realtek Lan driver ver:7048 for 64-bit win 7), I tried various things I read online like removing the ram for a few minutes, disabling the NIC and sleep mode. I always get this message when installing the driver : "Realtek ethernet cable was not found if deep sleep mode is enabled plug the cable" I've done everything I've read online and from reformatting to removing the ram. Is this a software or hardware problem? In the bios, i made sure the adapter was enabled. another thing is that there is no light coming from the port when the lan cable is inserted into the port. there is a light from the pci adapter so i'm not sure if it's faulty. I've also checked that the cables are fine. I hooked them up to my macbook and ps3 and the network was fine. Please if you guys could help me resolve this early so I can take a long drive and get it changed if necessary.

TRENDING THREADS