Maxtor slashes warranties to one year from three

Owl

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
I told the sales rep to stick them up his ,,,,,,,
and what is not sold by Oct 1 will be sent back,,,,,
and off my web sites....
BACK TO WESTERN DIGITAL I GO....

<font color=blue>HOSED = Horrific operating system error detected</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
apparently the reduced warantee is to keep in line with major OEM's...
however i just read the frontpage over at <A HREF="http://www.storagereview.com" target="_new">http://www.storagereview.com</A> and how they are going to have a premium line of products with 8mb cache, 3 year warantee etc.

<b><font color=orange>My <font color=green>life <font color=red>has <font color=blue>been <font color=black>so <font color=purple>much <font color=yellow>more <font color=orange>colourful <font color=green>since <font color=blue>the <font color=red>advent <font color=black>of <font color=purple>Super <font color=red>VGA! :lol:

Owl

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
Joining Maxtor in its segregation of product lines, WD also revealed that their standard BB line will have a 1-year warranty starting October 1st.

What Next ??????????

<font color=blue>HOSED = Horrific operating system error detected</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yep
its product line segregation.

the BB is to have one year and the better JB to have 3.
seems to be the way things are going.

<b><font color=orange>My <font color=green>life <font color=red>has <font color=blue>been <font color=black>so <font color=purple>much <font color=yellow>more <font color=orange>colourful <font color=green>since <font color=blue>the <font color=red>advent <font color=black>of <font color=purple>Super <font color=red>VGA! :lol:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
All the more reason to get a JB drive. They're faster and now they have a longer warranty periods too.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I want a drive with 16MB of cache and a 5 year warranty.

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
But would this warranty change affect those who bought a few months ago? If it does, they gonna get one angry bull charging at their assholes w/ a 10 foot stick and many pins attached to it!!

What if you had admin rights to life?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
High end SCSI drives have been available with large cache and 5 year warranties for years, 16MB versions are actually quite common, even 16MB/15k RPM/320MBs drives with 5 year warranties are not too uncommon if you don't mind paying the price!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>