If you buy a philips card you're a sucker!

glazenuts

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
After waiting patiently for 4-6 weeks for a responce from tech support that is the concluison I've come too. They don't care if you spent your hard earned money. They already have it. Their latest drivers are well over a year old. That is unacceptable for a card still on the shelf with new chipsets coming out. Creative Labs suck with there microsoft like "take control of your box" software. I just bought a aureal 8830 oem 4ch sound card for $20. Now I have 2 systems with a Vortex2 card(a3d-8830), for a company that no longer exist and it's still kicking much ASS!
So as far as I'm concerned *Philips can kiss my Ass* I will never, I repeat never buy another product of theirs again, tv,portable, *ANYTHING* philips again. Thanx for letting me vent, I feel better.
Jeff in Los Angeles,CA.USA

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, Vortex 2 is the stuff other cards will probably never be. As long as Creative is a household word among the masses, they will set the (low) standard. And two year old A3D 2.0 is still better than EAX 2.0.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If there is nothing wrong with old driver than there is no reason for the manufacturer to update the driver. I have two different 3com NICs both driver is over 2 years old and there is no update on their website but I never have any problem with them.

glazenuts

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I guess you never heard of the problem people had with SB sound cards a Via chipsets. FYI, it's a chipset incompatibility problem ie:"Drivers" . The Siesmic edge card sounded good in windows, but like crap in games. I'm running a "Asus(SIS645DX) P4S533-1.6a@2133hmz-133mhz-fsb. stock voltage and cooling. How could they write drivers for this chipset when it didn't exist when they were written?
What has that got to do with not answering tech support email, that my biggest bitch. Own their stock do you? Oh, I also run those 3com nic's myself with those drivers.

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
I've never had any problems with my seismic edge or my Acoustic edge, maybe your rigs outta wack somewhere. Oh, by the way there are some WDM drivers on there site that are dated 6/22/02. FYI

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

glazenuts

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I running a Asus P4S533 sis 645dx chipset. that's what I meant by new chipsets coming out. However, that has nothing to do with totally unacceptable lack of response from their tech-NO-support. 6wks later still no response. F**K'EM

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
I run a 845g chipset, not much newer than that, and the old drivers are good to go, for me anyhow.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."