Steam is effed up, anyone have a clue?

If that's a StyleXP theme or something try disabling it. Or maybe try
switching Steams' own themes .

x-no-archive: yes

Kill Bill wrote:

> http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steameffedup9za.jpg

with such a good looking desktop theme you let UGLY steam ruin
it all?
look at those steam UGLY colors and icons and menus
don't you see it doesn't belong to your gorgeous desktop
CLEAR UGLY steam out of your desktop
be proud of having a steam free computer

ps: very few proper retail pc games have you installed at least
ones which have a desktop shortcut so you need to buy much more
proper retail pc games and there are lots of releases so BUY now
support your favorite hobby and support it in the proper way

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

x-no-archive: yes

One Punch Mickey wrote:

> try disabling it. Or maybe try switching Steams' own themes

oh sure mickey!
disable the theme and put steam's own theme
disable everything in your own computer to let steam run
that's it make it a pc exclusively for steam right mickey
now your computer no longer functions for YOU but rather
for steam
a steam centric pc is what you advice for everyone of us
right mickey? probably its best to shop calling it a "pc"
personal computer but rather a "sp" steam computer right
mickey?

--

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Kill Bill wrote:
>
>> http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steameffedup9za.jpg
>
> with such a good looking desktop theme you let UGLY steam ruin
> it all?
> look at those steam UGLY colors and icons and menus
> don't you see it doesn't belong to your gorgeous desktop
> CLEAR UGLY steam out of your desktop
> be proud of having a steam free computer

If he looks around he may find a steam skin that near enough matches his
desktop, instead of the default scheme. What you mean you didn't know you
could customise the skins much like winamp?

"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message

> "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>> This is what my steam looks like. Uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. Has
>> anyone ever seen anything like this?
>>
>> http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steameffedup9za.jpg
>>
>> Thanks for any help...
>>

> Did you get this problem sorted?

Nope. But I did get a great reply from Valve "tech support" after oh 4 days
about how I should reinstall steam after backing up all the files etc.
Yeah, I can't SEE the mothereffer!..Seriously, I want a job where I can
waste time solving nothing and feel great about it.

I've since disabled my Style XP just for grins, not having anymore ideas.
Didn't help but I spent 3 hours redoing my desktop icons etc, because it
screwed those up. I've had the same setup since HL2 day one and no
problems. Until now, so I don't know what the hell it could be. I don't
even want to play, I just get extremely annoyed when somethng doesn't work
right (that I paid for at that).

Groan...

"Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in

> "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>>> This is what my steam looks like. Uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.
>>> Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
>>>
>>> http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steameffedup9za.jpg
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help...
>>>

>> Did you get this problem sorted?
>>
> Nope. But I did get a great reply from Valve "tech support" after oh
> 4 days about how I should reinstall steam after backing up all the
> files etc. Yeah, I can't SEE the mothereffer!..Seriously, I want a job
> where I can waste time solving nothing and feel great about it.
>
> I've since disabled my Style XP just for grins, not having anymore
> ideas. Didn't help but I spent 3 hours redoing my desktop icons etc,
> because it screwed those up. I've had the same setup since HL2 day
> one and no problems. Until now, so I don't know what the hell it
> could be. I don't even want to play, I just get extremely annoyed
> when somethng doesn't work right (that I paid for at that).
>
> Groan...

im surprised that you got such a fast reply from tech support, they
aren't usually that great

shawk

"Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message

> "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>>> This is what my steam looks like. Uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. Has
>>> anyone ever seen anything like this?
>>>
>>> http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steameffedup9za.jpg
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help...
>>>

>> Did you get this problem sorted?
>>
> Nope. But I did get a great reply from Valve "tech support" after oh 4
> days about how I should reinstall steam after backing up all the files
> etc. Yeah, I can't SEE the mothereffer!..Seriously, I want a job where I
> can waste time solving nothing and feel great about it.
>
> I've since disabled my Style XP just for grins, not having anymore ideas.
> Didn't help but I spent 3 hours redoing my desktop icons etc, because it
> screwed those up. I've had the same setup since HL2 day one and no
> problems. Until now, so I don't know what the hell it could be. I don't
> even want to play, I just get extremely annoyed when somethng doesn't work
> right (that I paid for at that).
>
> Groan...

Did you try checking out your gfc cache files?

http://tinyurl.com/eybnh

(that is a genuine link to SteamPowered I promise)