Memory for a ZEON Server

samcarleton

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002
I am in the process of building a dual ZEON Windows .NET server. What I cannot figure out is the memory. When I look at web sites like www.crucial.com and www.kingston.com, the memory they offer is very reasonably priced. But when I look at pre-built machines, the memory is three or four times the price. I also saw a posting where some spoke about having faster memory in his/her ZEON box.

Is there more then one type of memory? If so, what is the best for a server that will be hosting a number of apps and occasionally doing some image manipulation?

Sam

samcarleton

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002
Well, I plan is to use the "Intel® Server Board SE7500CW2". But that is because it is has the Promise Technology dual-channel ATA/100 RAID controller. There is also the issue that it is made by Intel (never owned on of their boards before thought this might be an opertunity to do that).

If there are better boards for the same type of money, I am more then willing to consider them.

Sam

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Look like that a E7500 chipset so DDR PC1600 i think PC 2100 can be fit.If you can wait just few week there will be new xeon 533 fsb and new chipset.

At the end i have speak with a horny lady