Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Working on Being a Hero

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 1:02:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
offers of exactly what he was asking for (data). But instead of
zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
brandy in that coffee.

How am I doing?

(this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
one of my posts for something to reply to)

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo

More about : working hero

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 1:36:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Mike Rivers" <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote in message
news:znr1095245371k@trad

> This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
> steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
> offers of exactly what he was asking for (data).

You know the story of the snake and the fox crossing the river? It applies
to PA.

> But instead of
> zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> brandy in that coffee.

> How am I doing?

You're taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, Mike.

> (this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
> one of my posts for something to reply to)

Mike I love ya, but you seem to need up to 6 years punching bag duty in RAO
to build up the thickness of your skin.

BTW, not even PA will dare to post on RAO.

IME, RAP's sense of community is far stronger than PA or RAO. RAP did such a
number on several RAO trolls who dared to enter here, that they've never
ever dared to post here since.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 3:07:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mike Rivers wrote:

> This morning I saw seven posts from Pxxl Axxisxn that really got me
> steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
> offers of exactly what he was asking for (data). But instead of
> zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> brandy in that coffee.
>
> How am I doing?


***You know, I never even heard of the guy until a few weeks ago.

***But I love asterisks!
Related resources
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 4:48:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Put him in the kill file...

Al

On 15 Sep 2004 09:02:04 -0400, mrivers@d-and-d.com (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

>
>This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
>steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
>offers of exactly what he was asking for (data). But instead of
>zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
>to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
>brandy in that coffee.
>
>How am I doing?
>
>(this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
>one of my posts for something to reply to)
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 6:19:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mike Rivers wrote:

> This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison

He is posting from Australia, using the Uni-Berlin newsreaders. If you
would like to do something about it, write the abuse emails at each
company. Uni-Berlin tends to ignore stuff to a degree, but tpg will not.
abuse@tpg.com.au will provoke a behavior change. PA has had quite a
history of posting abusive and bigoted emails over the years. His history
will work against him as usual.
Here is the page info for PA.

Message-ID: <2qqvpeF12kh5gU1@uni-berlin.de>
References: <znr1095245371k@trad> <V7CdnfwUULFL2NXcRVn-hQ@comcast.com>
X-Trace: news.uni-berlin.de
7k60hJcdwYwg8V8cLODfewnMo3+yUnSmxeajjFY7524Xv+Pm2j
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2741.2600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2742.200
Xref: cyclone2.southeast.rr.com rec.audio.pro:898302

And here is the page of the newserver he uses.
http://news.cis.dfn.de/serversplit-de.html

Mike Rivers wrote:

> This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
> steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
> offers of exactly what he was asking for (data). But instead of
> zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> brandy in that coffee.
>
> How am I doing?
>
> (this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
> one of my posts for something to reply to)
>
> --
> I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
> However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
> lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
> you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
> and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 6:42:29 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <41484F7D.605CC3C8@nc.rr.com> natewest@nc.rr.com writes:

> He is posting from Australia, using the Uni-Berlin newsreaders. If you
> would like to do something about it, write the abuse emails at each
> company. Uni-Berlin tends to ignore stuff to a degree, but tpg will not.
> abuse@tpg.com.au will provoke a behavior change.

Tried it and got no response. I'm not the only one. The e-mail address
that he uses in his posts is bogus, so he may not even be using
tpg.com.au for access to the net. But unless the ISP is willing to dig
into it, I can't go any further. Since your experience with Uni-Berlin
is discouraging, there's probalby no point in writing there.

We'll just have to live with him. And as long as he seeks out posts
that MIGHT involve him rather than just follow-ups to his own
messages, the only thing we can do is eithe ignore him or just not get
fired up about what he says.


--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 9:01:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Don Cooper" <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote in message...

> ***You know, I never even heard of the guy until a few weeks ago.
>
> ***But I love asterisks!


**** And WD-40 !!
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 9:01:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

> > ***But I love asterisks!
>
> **** And WD-40 !!


**** I ground all my electric acoustic guitars with it.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 9:09:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

> "Don Cooper" <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote in message...
>
> > ***You know, I never even heard of the guy until a few weeks ago.
> >
> > ***But I love asterisks!

Little Jane put on her skates
Upon the ice to frisk
Wasn't she a silly girl
Her little *


Peace,
Paul
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 10:24:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Paul Stamler <pstamlerhell@pobox.comedy> wrote:

> Little Jane put on her skates
> Upon the ice to frisk
> Wasn't she a silly girl
> Her little *

Jokus interruptus??

--
ha
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 10:24:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <1gk5jmm.br46f3117w2psN%walkinay@thegrid.net> walkinay@thegrid.net writes:

> Paul Stamler <pstamlerhell@pobox.comedy> wrote:

> > Wasn't she a silly girl
> > Her little *
>
> Jokus interruptus??

Say "*" slowly

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 11:47:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

> Paul Stamler <pstamlerhell@pobox.comedy> wrote:
>
>> Little Jane put on her skates
>> Upon the ice to frisk
>> Wasn't she a silly girl
>> Her little *
>

That's hilarious.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 2:38:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:

> > Paul Stamler <pstamlerhell@pobox.comedy> wrote:

> >> Little Jane put on her skates
> >> Upon the ice to frisk
> >> Wasn't she a silly girl
> >> Her little *

> That's hilarious.

Yes, it is. Paul iced it. What a crackup.

--
ha
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 2:39:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mike Rivers <mrivers@d-and-d.comedy> wrote:

> walkinay@thegrid.nest writes:

> > Paul Stamler <pstamlerhell@pobox.comedy> wrote:

> > > Wasn't she a silly girl
> > > Her little *

> > Jokus interruptus??

> Say "*" slowly

Nah, I got it; just couldn't resist a play on symbols.

--
ha
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:28:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mike Rivers wrote:

> We'll just have to live with him. And as long as he seeks out posts
> that MIGHT involve him rather than just follow-ups to his own
> messages, the only thing we can do is eithe ignore him or just not get
> fired up about what he says.

I have written TPG directly regarding PA's post. I received an domo response
indicating a human response with 1 day.
--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:29:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Mike Rivers" <
>
> This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
> steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
> offers of exactly what he was asking for (data).


** Why did you delete all the specifics - Mike ????

Could it be because the facts of the matter would shoot your phoney premise
to ribbons ??

Could it be that your buddy Scott Dorsey has made an ass of himself publicly
again ??

Could it be that he has no proof of his absurd claim because it is plain
WRONG ??

No good asking a dumb parrot is there - how would it know ??



> But instead of
> zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> brandy in that coffee.
>


** Try something stronger - like Lithium.


>
> (this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
> one of my posts for something to reply to)


** What is VERY obvious that Mike Rivers is ** STALKING** Phil Allison.

Complete with threats of physical violence and intimidation.




............ Phil
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:29:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <2qqucvF125ua8U1@uni-berlin.de> philallison@tpg.com.au writes:

The usual gibberish. But it doesn't matter. He passed the test.


--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:52:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Arny Krueger"
> "Mike Rivers"
>
> > How am I doing?
>
> You're taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, Mike.
>
> > (this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
> > one of my posts for something to reply to)
>
> Mike I love ya, but you seem to need up to 6 years punching bag duty in
RAO
> to build up the thickness of your skin.


** A featherless parrot is indeed very a thin skinned creature.


>
> BTW, not even PA will dare to post on RAO.
>


** Why bother - most of the the same nut cases are posting on this NG and
aus.hi-fi too.


> IME, RAP's sense of community is far stronger than PA or RAO.


** Does "sense of community" = rabid, lynch mob mentality to you -
Arny ???





.............. Phil
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:52:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Phil Allison <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote:
Arny writes:
>
>>
>> BTW, not even PA will dare to post on RAO.
>>
>
>
>** Why bother - most of the the same nut cases are posting on this NG and
>aus.hi-fi too.

Why do you bother to post here, then?
--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:52:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:2qqvpeF12kh5gU1@uni-berlin.de
> "Arny Krueger"
>> "Mike Rivers"

>>> How am I doing?

>> You're taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, Mike.

>>> (this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
>>> one of my posts for something to reply to)

>> Mike I love ya, but you seem to need up to 6 years punching bag duty
>> in RAO to build up the thickness of your skin.

> ** A featherless parrot is indeed very a thin skinned creature.

Mike does well enough for dealing with sane people, and borderline insane.
However it appears that the really hard cases still upset him a tad.

>> BTW, not even PA will dare to post on RAO.

> ** Why bother - most of the the same nut cases are posting on this
> NG and aus.hi-fi too.

Wrong, almost entirely wrong. I can think of only one RAO regular who is
also a regular at aus.hi-fi. Remember Phil I post regularly on RAO, you
don't. It's similar over here. The hadcore RAO fruitcakes like Middius have
long been shooed back into their holes, after posting on RAP.

>> IME, RAP's sense of community is far stronger than PA or RAO.

> ** Does "sense of community" = rabid, lynch mob mentality to
> ou - Arny ???

I'm not in favor of lynch mobs. I must admit that lynch mobs don't always
miss the mark of justice.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 8:29:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

<< I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
brandy in that coffee. >>



Let me know if you need any suggestions in single malt Scotch. <g>

Scott Fraser
September 16, 2004 8:29:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

ScotFraser wrote:

> << I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> brandy in that coffee. >>


>
> Let me know if you need any suggestions in single malt Scotch. <g>

Single malt in coffee? That's a waste of good whisky AND a waste of good
coffee.

Black Bush & strong black coffee - now there's a match made in heaven.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:50:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Mike Rivers" ...
>
> The usual gibberish. But it doesn't matter. He passed the test.
>
>
> This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
> steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
> offers of exactly what he was asking for (data).


** Why did you delete all the specifics - Mike ????

Could it be because the facts of the matter would shoot your phoney premise
to ribbons ??

Could it be that your buddy Scott Dorsey has made an ass of himself publicly
again ??

Could it be that he has no proof of his absurd claim because it is plain
WRONG ??

No good asking a dumb parrot is there - how would it know ??



> But instead of
> zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> brandy in that coffee.
>


** Try something stronger - like Lithium.

>
> (this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
> one of my posts for something to reply to)


** What is VERY obvious that Mike Rivers is ** STALKING** Phil Allison.

Complete with threats of physical violence and intimidation.



............ Phil
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:50:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Phil Allison wrote:

> ** What is VERY obvious that Mike Rivers is ** STALKING** Phil Allison.


***** OK, I give up.

***** Who is Phil Allison?
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:57:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Arny Krueger"
> "Phil Allison"

>
> > ** A featherless parrot is indeed very a thin skinned creature.
>
> Mike does well enough for dealing with sane people,


** So "sane person" = gullible fool in Arnys dictionary ?


>
> >> BTW, not even PA will dare to post on RAO.
>
> > ** Why bother - most of the the same nut cases are posting on this
> > NG and aus.hi-fi too.
>
> Wrong, almost entirely wrong.


** You misread - the two NG should not be combined, but taken
independently, in my comment.

I can think of only one RAO regular who is
> also a regular at aus.hi-fi.


** Same here - it is an Aussie audiophool jerkoff called Paul Packer .


>
> >> IME, RAP's sense of community is far stronger than PA or RAO.
>
> > ** Does "sense of community" = rabid, lynch mob mentality to
> > ou - Arny ???
>
> I'm not in favor of lynch mobs.


** So you would not join one ?


> I must admit that lynch mobs don't always
> miss the mark of justice.


** But you WOULD stand and watch and egg them on ??

Like one of Satan's minions.





........... Phil
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:28:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Don Cooper"
>
> Phil Allison wrote:
>
> > ** What is VERY obvious that Mike Rivers is ** STALKING** Phil
Allison.
>
>
> ***** OK, I give up.
>
> ***** Who is Phil Allison?


** Who IS Mike Rivers ???

As opposed to who *he thinks* he is.


Who is Scott Dorsey ???

As opposed to who *he thinks* he is.




................. Phil
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:28:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

> > ***** OK, I give up.
> >
> > ***** Who is Phil Allison?
>
> ** Who IS Mike Rivers ???
>
> As opposed to who *he thinks* he is.
>
> Who is Scott Dorsey ???
>
> As opposed to who *he thinks* he is.


***** I believe I have my answer.

***** Thank you.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:28:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Don Cooper" <dcooper28800@comcast.net>....


> ***** I believe I have my answer.
>
> ***** Thank you.


******************* DUUUBBLYOUDEEEFORTYYYYYY ******************
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 6:01:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Don Cooper"

>
> ***** I believe I have my answer.
>
> ***** Thank you.


** If Don Cooper has the answer ....

What ever was the question ?





.......... Phil
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 7:44:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

<< Single malt in coffee? That's a waste of good whisky AND a waste of good
coffee. >>



What I'm suggesting for Mike don't need no coffee involved.
The 30 year Laphroig is recommended, but you'll need corporate sponsorship to
make a habit of it.

Scott Fraser
September 16, 2004 7:44:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

ScotFraser wrote:

> << Single malt in coffee? That's a waste of good whisky AND a waste of
> good coffee. >>


>
> What I'm suggesting for Mike don't need no coffee involved.
> The 30 year Laphroig is recommended, but you'll need corporate sponsorship
> to make a habit of it.


Oops, my bad. Once my blood pressure got back to normal, I re-read your
post. It is apparent that I made an incorrect assumption based on context.
I tend to get excited when single malt & coffee are mentioned in
consecutive sentences.

Please carry on...
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 7:44:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

ScotFraser wrote:
>
> The 30 year Laphroig is recommended, but you'll need corporate sponsorship to
> make a habit of it.

As will the Black Bowmore.

Springbank 21 will do allright if you can find it.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 8:19:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"ScotFraser" <scotfraser@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040916114419.10671.00000930@mb-m04.aol.com...
> << Single malt in coffee? That's a waste of good whisky AND a waste of
good
> coffee. >>


>
> What I'm suggesting for Mike don't need no coffee involved.
> The 30 year Laphroig is recommended, but you'll need corporate sponsorship
to
> make a habit of it.
>
I've had the '76 and the '77, but I haven't even heard of a 30 year
Laphroaig. I can only imagine the price, and the experience.

Glenn D.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 10:01:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <u2j2d.10874$Cp6.10408@news.cpqcorp.net> glenn.no.dowdy@hpspam.com writes:

> I've had the '76 and the '77, but I haven't even heard of a 30 year
> Laphroaig. I can only imagine the price, and the experience.

I have a friend who has been partial to Laphroaig for at least 30
years, but I doubt that he still has any of that 30 year old stuff
left in him. We used to call it Leapfrog.



--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 11:43:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Don Cooper <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<414894FB.B21A6737@comcast.net>...
> "David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:
>
> > > ***But I love asterisks!
> >
> > **** And WD-40 !!
>
>
> **** I ground all my electric acoustic guitars with it.


I used a stump grinder on mine.
September 17, 2004 12:10:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

>This morning I saw seven posts from Phil Allison that really got me
>steamed at both his ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to accept
>offers of exactly what he was asking for (data). But instead of
>zipping off a response, I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
>to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
>brandy in that coffee.
>
>How am I doing?
>
>(this is a test to see if the A-BOT is stalking me, looking at every
>one of my posts for something to reply to)
>
>--
>I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)

Phil is like a weird little puppy that chases the vacuum cleaner around the
house.

Sometimes just for entertainment, you pull out the vacuum and run it around the
living room and laugh while the puppy bares his little teeth and bravely
charges the vacuum cleaner over and over.

It gets old after a while, but every once in a while, the act is good for a
laugh or two.

One vacuum cleaner that Phil loves chasing is WD-40.

So Phil, clean any pots with WD-40 lately? You know, it can damage them, right?


arf-arf-arf-arf-grr-grr-arf-arf-arf-grrrrr


--
Dr. Nuketopia
Sorry, no e-Mail.
Spam forgeries have resulted in thousands of faked bounces to my address.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 9:18:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Ben Bradley wrote:

> Don Cooper wrote...
> > "David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

> > > > ***But I love asterisks!

> > > **** And WD-40 !!

> > **** I ground all my electric acoustic guitars with it.

> I used a stump grinder on mine.

Makes sense in an election year.

--
ha
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 10:36:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

<< I've had the '76 and the '77, but I haven't even heard of a 30 year
Laphroaig. I can only imagine the price, >>

In the low $300s per bottle.

<<and the experience.
>>

Priceless.


Scott Fraser
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 10:37:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

<< I tend to get excited when single malt & coffee are mentioned in
consecutive sentences. >>

Two lovely subjects, but best not intertwined.


Scott Fraser
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:44:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

agent86 <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote in message news:<G392d.162935$%n4.75751@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
> ScotFraser wrote:
>
> > << I just had another swig of coffee and moved on
> > to another message. I think that by tomorrow, though, I'll need some
> > brandy in that coffee. >>


> >
> > Let me know if you need any suggestions in single malt Scotch. <g>
>
> Single malt in coffee? That's a waste of good whisky AND a waste of good
> coffee.
>
> Black Bush & strong black coffee - now there's a match made in heaven.

Coffee? Can't drink the stuff. Illy espresso from a real piston
machine on the other hand... 100% Arabica - the only way to go.

For a resonable bottle of single-malt, I've been relying on Lagavulin.

May I make the suggestion that there be a small AES single-malt event
of some sort?

-Karl
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:47:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Karl Winkler <karlwinkler66@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>May I make the suggestion that there be a small AES single-malt event
>of some sort?

Is your company willing to sponsor it?

If not, I think it still might be worthwhile to find a place near the
convention center with a good selection of single malts, and go there for
a short event.
--scott
--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:47:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Karl Winkler <karlwinkler66@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> May I make the suggestion that there be a small AES single-malt event
>> of some sort?
>
>
> Is your company willing to sponsor it?
>
> If not, I think it still might be worthwhile to find a place near the
> convention center with a good selection of single malts, and go there for
> a short event.

Amen to that.

Where's Steve Lampen?
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:09:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in message news:<cieteo$53u$1@panix2.panix.com>...
> Karl Winkler <karlwinkler66@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >May I make the suggestion that there be a small AES single-malt event
> >of some sort?
>
> Is your company willing to sponsor it?
>
> If not, I think it still might be worthwhile to find a place near the
> convention center with a good selection of single malts, and go there for
> a short event.
> --scott

Let's play it by ear <g> I'm hopeful that with all the good sushi &
good wine in that town, that there ought to be a place with a good
selection of single-malts. Maybe even close to the Moscone Center.
I'll take a look to see what I can find.

-Karl
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:59:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> If not, I think it still might be worthwhile to find a place near the
> convention center with a good selection of single malts, and go there for
> a short event.

Is it mandatory for good ears that one drinks single malts? What happen to
Vodka? Did that go out with the Cocaine???<g>
--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:59:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <414AFBDE.9AD32030@nc.rr.com>, Nathan West <natewest@nc.rr.com>
wrote:

> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
> > If not, I think it still might be worthwhile to find a place near the
> > convention center with a good selection of single malts, and go there for
> > a short event.
>
> Is it mandatory for good ears that one drinks single malts? What happen to
> Vodka? Did that go out with the Cocaine???<g>
> --
> Nathan
>
> "Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"
>
>

Tequila: it's never out of style.

-Jay
--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ------x
x Lecturer, Audio Engineer x Dexter Records x
x CCRMA, Stanford University x http://www.offbeats.com/ x
x---------- http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jay/ ------------x
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:59:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Nathan West <natewest@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> If not, I think it still might be worthwhile to find a place near the
>> convention center with a good selection of single malts, and go there for
>> a short event.
>
>Is it mandatory for good ears that one drinks single malts? What happen to
>Vodka? Did that go out with the Cocaine???<g>

I'd personally prefer a brandy myself. But finding a place with a good
single malt, vodka AND cognac selection is going to be even harder....
suggestions are welcomed, however.
--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:59:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Scott Dorsey" <kludge@panix.com> wrote in message
news:cif5ln$hdn$1@panix2.panix.com...

> I'd personally prefer a brandy myself. But finding a place with a good
> single malt, vodka AND cognac selection is going to be even harder....

Heck finding a place with just a good brandy selection is pretty hard
around here.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:50:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <414AFBDE.9AD32030@nc.rr.com> natewest@nc.rr.com writes:

> Is it mandatory for good ears that one drinks single malts? What happen to
> Vodka? Did that go out with the Cocaine???<g>

I never really graduated from bourbon, but there are some nice rums
that I like for a change of pace (the next morning).

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 8:26:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

<< Illy espresso from a real piston
machine on the other hand... 100% Arabica - the only way to go. >>



And this is what makes European tours so worthwhile. Have you found a an Illy
source in the US?

Scott Fraser
September 17, 2004 8:26:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

ScotFraser wrote:

> << Illy espresso from a real piston
> machine on the other hand... 100% Arabica - the only way to go. >>


>
> And this is what makes European tours so worthwhile. Have you found a an
> Illy source in the US?

Williams Sonoma is carring a small selection in NC.
!