Any stores that rent PC games near Tempe AZ?

Does anyone know of any stores that rent PC games near Tempe or the
nearby east valley of Arizona?

The only place I knew about that rented PC games in Tempe appears to
have gone out of business. All I can find in the phonebook are places
that rent console games, but I don't have any consoles.

Are PC game rentals no longer allowed or is there too little demand to
make it profitable in most parts of the US?

In other words, are the days of renting PC games gone for good? If so,
then I guess those few of us who like to use their PCs for gaming only
have the option of downloading demos in order to sample a PC game to
see if it's worth buying?

> In other words, are the days of renting PC games gone for good? If so,
> then I guess those few of us who like to use their PCs for gaming only
> have the option of downloading demos in order to sample a PC game to
> see if it's worth buying?

I have come to this conclusion. There used to be a place in my town, Floppy
Joe's, that primarily rented PC games and some apps. I think CD burners and
rampant pirating in a college town killed them (if the game companies' legal
departments didn't already have it out for them).

Patiently waiting for my Xbox360 and subscription to GameFly.

- f_f

You can buy used PC games at EBX(EBGames). It's not renting but it's better
than shelling out $30-$50 for a sealed box game.

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> once tried to test me with:

> You can buy used PC games at EBX(EBGames). It's not renting but it's
> better than shelling out $30-$50 for a sealed box game.

Sure, for single player games. For MP games you're running the risk that
someone has written down the CD-KEY before they sold it to EBX and so now
when you play you occasionally get booted off when the servers detect that
two people are using your key. Any game I plan to play online, I buy new
only.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Didn't realize we wre talking about MP games. I would have added that
warning if I knew. AFAIK,EBX's used games are supposed to be sold intact.MP
KEY Virgin. If not you should be able to exchange it.

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

> You can buy used PC games at EBX(EBGames). It's not renting but it's
> better than shelling out $30-$50 for a sealed box game.
>
> <Ardy@post.any.replies> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of any stores that rent PC games near Tempe or the
>> nearby east valley of Arizona?
>>
>> The only place I knew about that rented PC games in Tempe appears to
>> have gone out of business. All I can find in the phonebook are places
>> that rent console games, but I don't have any consoles.
>>
>> Are PC game rentals no longer allowed or is there too little demand
>> to make it profitable in most parts of the US?
>>
>> In other words, are the days of renting PC games gone for good? If
>> so, then I guess those few of us who like to use their PCs for gaming
>> only have the option of downloading demos in order to sample a PC
>> game to see if it's worth buying?

in one of the "Game" stores i got talkin with the manager about the new
games and he told me to buy a game see if I like it and if not i had 14
days to return it no quibble, like a free rental he said, as it turned
out i never did that butit did seem strange that a manager was suggesting
that

Most game stores I know about will not let you return an open game at all.

> Most game stores I know about will not let you return an open game at
> all.
>
> "Stone Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:Xns96A1E86366795tenny2kNOSPAMERSrten@84.92.1.10...
>> "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>>
>> > You can buy used PC games at EBX(EBGames). It's not renting but
>> > it's better than shelling out $30-$50 for a sealed box game.
>> >
>> > <Ardy@post.any.replies> wrote in message

>> in one of the "Game" stores i got talkin with the manager about the
>> new games and he told me to buy a game see if I like it and if not i
>> had 14 days to return it no quibble, like a free rental he said, as
>> it turned out i never did that butit did seem strange that a manager
>> was suggesting that

most of the stores around me are ok about it but i think it depends on
who is serving and what the game is for example i dont thing they would
accept something like battlefield 2 and definately not an mmorpg unless
you get an idiot behind the tills which is definately possible