Backup failure

sailor44

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I cannot get win 7 backup to run. It stalls on the configuration window and just sits there. My events log file says that the file sdclt.exe has stopped interacting with window and was closed. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?? :fou:

thanks in advance!

Sailor44

Solution

Yes, I'm guessing that it was just gathering information for its backup. However, it shouldn't take several hours every time. If it does, then something's wrong. Again, about how much data have you configured it to back up?

sailor44

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

I do use windows backup..or at least I try to.. :eek: I ran Scannow and it found nothing. I am not sure what system restore will do for me, as the thing has been a problem ever since I installed win 7..

I am stumped. However recently I just left the "starting backup" window open for about 30 minutes and it finally loaded. Once that happened, it worked fine. Go figure.

sailor44

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

Afraid not. The "Starting windows backup" window is just sitting there. I am going to just leave it there and see if it finally starts up after a while.. :pt1cable:

sailor44

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

Well after leaving the computer to itself for several hours, I returned and found that it had loaded the program and I was able to use it. I don't know how long it took to load, but once running, it seems to work fine. Do you think it is just gathering info for the time it takes to start??

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

Yes, I'm guessing that it was just gathering information for its backup. However, it shouldn't take several hours every time. If it does, then something's wrong. Again, about how much data have you configured it to back up?

Solution

sailor44

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

I don't really know just how long it took to load, as I was away from the computer..

I just let windows determine what to backup (it gave me that option)

sailor44

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

That well may be it. I did notice that once the program got running, the backup progress bar moved slowly. But...this was after it took forever for the program window to appear. Also, when I was just sitting there waiting for this to happen, Task manager showed that the file was in memory. Go figure