Un locking Cell phone?

What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?
4 answers Last reply
More about locking cell phone

    "Jay" <jskim1367@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?

    You can use it on networks other then the one it is 'locked' to.

    So if you have a sim card on UK Orange but buy a phone which is 'locked' to
    UK Vodafone, by unlocking it you an use your Orange sim card in it.

    "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message

    > "Jay" <jskim1367@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?
    > >

    > You can use it on networks other then the one it is 'locked' to.
    >
    > So if you have a sim card on UK Orange but buy a phone which is 'locked'
    > UK Vodafone, by unlocking it you an use your Orange sim card in it.

    It is specially useful if you want to travel abroad with your phone (make
    sure it supports tri or quad band) and buy SIMM for the local area (saving
    on roaming charges). If the phone is unlocked it will work (you will have a
    different number), if it is locked it will not.

    I bought a V400 from Cingular and it is already unlocked. If you want to
    unlock a locked phone, I believe here are plenty of people willing to
    perform this service for a reasonable fee.

    How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked without experimenting by inserting
    another vendor's SIM card?

    In article <LPePc.211698$JR4.24887@attbi_s54>, rogueman26
    @NO*SPAMcomcast.net says...
    > How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked without experimenting by inserting
    > another vendor's SIM card?

    That is the way you discover in the simplest way.

    --

    Reply address ROT13 encoded to reduce UCE.
    naqerjfgrryr@fcnzpbc.arg

Motorola Cell Phones