  • Motorola
  • Cell Phones
Last response: in Brands
August 1, 2004 10:41:44 AM

What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?

More about : locking cell phone

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 8:16:18 PM

"Jay" <jskim1367@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?

You can use it on networks other then the one it is 'locked' to.

So if you have a sim card on UK Orange but buy a phone which is 'locked' to
UK Vodafone, by unlocking it you an use your Orange sim card in it.
August 1, 2004 9:56:57 PM

"Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message

> "Jay" <jskim1367@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?
> >

> You can use it on networks other then the one it is 'locked' to.
>
> So if you have a sim card on UK Orange but buy a phone which is 'locked'
> UK Vodafone, by unlocking it you an use your Orange sim card in it.

It is specially useful if you want to travel abroad with your phone (make
sure it supports tri or quad band) and buy SIMM for the local area (saving
on roaming charges). If the phone is unlocked it will work (you will have a
different number), if it is locked it will not.

I bought a V400 from Cingular and it is already unlocked. If you want to
unlock a locked phone, I believe here are plenty of people willing to
perform this service for a reasonable fee.
August 2, 2004 3:14:52 AM

How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked without experimenting by inserting
another vendor's SIM card?

"David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

> "Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Jay" <jskim1367@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > > What is the benefit if un locking cell phone?
> > >

> > You can use it on networks other then the one it is 'locked' to.
> >
> > So if you have a sim card on UK Orange but buy a phone which is 'locked'
> > UK Vodafone, by unlocking it you an use your Orange sim card in it.
> >

> It is specially useful if you want to travel abroad with your phone (make
> sure it supports tri or quad band) and buy SIMM for the local area (saving
> on roaming charges). If the phone is unlocked it will work (you will have
> different number), if it is locked it will not.
>
> I bought a V400 from Cingular and it is already unlocked. If you want to
> unlock a locked phone, I believe here are plenty of people willing to
> perform this service for a reasonable fee.

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 12:49:19 PM

In article <LPePc.211698$JR4.24887@attbi_s54>, rogueman26
@NO*SPAMcomcast.net says...
> How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked without experimenting by inserting
> another vendor's SIM card?

That is the way you discover in the simplest way.

--

Reply address ROT13 encoded to reduce UCE.
naqerjfgrryr@fcnzpbc.arg