COD (original not UO) Quick Saves not saving...

Has anybody had this happen to them? after slaving dilligently over my
laptop to get to Pavlov's House i was surprised to find that my saved
games weren't actually being saved. at first i thought i may have saved
too many games so i went and deleted all my previously saved games to
allow for more room, this didn't fix the problem at all. it feels like a
bug of some sort in the software. i am sooo pissed off about this that i
now need to start from the beginning again but do not want the same
scenario to happen again once i get back to the same level- any ideas? i
had a good install, no problems, and the game has worked fine till now.
i didn't want to install UO yet (i have it) as i haven't completed the
original yet, but maybe it might help with this bug?? maybe i should
re-install the game again?? any help is grately appreciated.
thanks.

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

"Palomarsun" <palomarsun@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Has anybody had this happen to them? after slaving dilligently over my
> laptop to get to Pavlov's House i was surprised to find that my saved
> games weren't actually being saved. at first i thought i may have saved
> too many games so i went and deleted all my previously saved games to
> allow for more room, this didn't fix the problem at all. it feels like a
> bug of some sort in the software. i am sooo pissed off about this that i
> now need to start from the beginning again but do not want the same
> scenario to happen again once i get back to the same level- any ideas? i
> had a good install, no problems, and the game has worked fine till now.
> i didn't want to install UO yet (i have it) as i haven't completed the
> original yet, but maybe it might help with this bug?? maybe i should
> re-install the game again?? any help is grately appreciated.
> thanks.
>
> --

Check that you have the latest patch installed.

Next check your keyboard. Do you have one that uses F-lock? If so you
might have to turn it off to get the function keys to work correctly

Thanks for that OldDog I haven't got that F-lock feature but all now
seems ok as I'm doing more hard saves which seems to have corrected the
problem.
Thanks again for your time.