WONT EJECT

efript

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
WTF i burnt a cd with nero, took cd out, tried playing on a stero, doesnt work. so i pop it back into nero to see if it burnt, it says that 600 megs are taken up, but under my d drive nothing is showing up. i try erasing cd, then i ctrl alt dlt cuz i don wanna wait 20 minutes for it to erase, not it wont eject from the tray. the 'write' button is flashing on the burner and it WONT EJECT! WTF

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Doesnt even eject after reboot? There should be a tiny hole on the front of the drive (if equiped) that allows you to eject while powered down. Just stick a long pin in there or something that fits. I use the tiny screwdriver that came w/ my swiss army knife.

This sig runs too hot.

efript

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
Ok well now it ejected, but its still reading that there is nothing on the cd. but when i go to a diff comp it shows up that there is stuff. wtf is going on?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
did you ever format this disk for use with inCD -packet writing application in Nero ??

<font color=red><b> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/9267/fuddef.html" target="_new">FUD</A></font color=red></b>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
i try erasing cd,
From this I guess you are using re-writeable CDs. ALL stereos I have experienced is NOT able to read CDRWs only CDRs. This has something to do with the bandwidth of the laser used for reading.

Regarding the 'wont eject issue', this I have experienced before. I think it has something to do with the drive operating autonomously under a single 'disk erase' command and the OS cannot abort that operation once issued. Further, the drive wont let you eject the disc until the current operation is completed.

TRENDING THREADS