Anyone else use eyedrops during gaming?

Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for this
great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for the most
part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period, and have to
start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too much and don't
blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?
7 answers Last reply
More about anyone eyedrops gaming

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    > Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    this
    > great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for the
    most
    > part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period, and have
    > start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too much and
    don't
    > blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?

    I used to use eyedrops before I wore glasses. They were Visine brand with
    moisturiser. Now I wear UV coated glasses, use LCD screens and take regular
    breaks. No gaming session lasts longer than 45 minutes. It helps to keep an
    object on the top of your monitor (action figure, photo etc) and tell
    yourself every so often to look at it and blink.

    At out interest how much did it cost you for the surgery and was it for one
    eye or both? I am thinking about having it here in Thailand. I think its
    roughly $1000 USD per eye.

    "endorphine" <thedirtyyellowbastard@hotmail> wrote in message

    > "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    > this
    >> great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for the
    > most
    >> part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period, and have
    >> start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too much and
    > don't
    >> blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?
    >>

    > I used to use eyedrops before I wore glasses. They were Visine brand with
    > moisturiser. Now I wear UV coated glasses, use LCD screens and take
    > regular
    > breaks. No gaming session lasts longer than 45 minutes. It helps to keep
    > an
    > object on the top of your monitor (action figure, photo etc) and tell
    > yourself every so often to look at it and blink.
    >
    > At out interest how much did it cost you for the surgery and was it for
    > one
    > eye or both? I am thinking about having it here in Thailand. I think its
    > roughly $1000 USD per eye.

    Mine was $1500 USD per eye. But my wife works at the hospital where I had it
    done, so they payroll deducted it from her paycheck over a year and pre-tax
    dollars. $000 per eye sounds about average here too. Recommend going to
    someplace that has a decent eye surgeon just to make sure you're covered if
    there are problems. For the most part it was pretty straight-forward. Just
    make sure to keep your eyes closed as much as possible for the first 24
    hours. I now have "better than perfect" vision. Except bright lights at
    night still have a glow around them. Other than that, I can SEE!!! My
    eyesight was pretty bad, but now it is superb!

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    > Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    > this great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for
    > the most part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period,
    > and have to start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too
    > much and don't blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?

    I used to use a computer desk and the monitor being on the extra shelf put
    it at head
    height and that caused me a lot of sore eye trouble. Using a normal desk so
    that the
    monitor is a bit lower and Im looking down at it helps me to blink more
    regularly and
    the problem has gone.

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    > Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    > this great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for
    > the most part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period,
    > and have to start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too
    > much and don't blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?

    I wear glasses and have a fairly strong prescription but I've never had a
    need for eyedrops for gaming or anything else. I don't game as much as I
    did when I was 7 or 8 years younger, but even then I was fine.

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    > Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    > this great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for
    > the most part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period,
    > and have to start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too
    > much and don't blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?

    Haven't had dry-eyes problems, nor the Lasik. However, a few years back
    when I hit 45 yrs, I had to get eye glasses just for computer use. Your
    surgery was probably to correct vision to see things far away. Did your
    doctor say anything about down the road when you get older? As people age,
    their eyes harden and therefore can't adjust to see things up close.

    "OldDog" <OldDog@citypound.dogs> wrote in message

    > "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    >> this great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for
    >> the most part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period,
    >> and have to start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too
    >> much and don't blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?
    >>

    > Haven't had dry-eyes problems, nor the Lasik. However, a few years back
    > when I hit 45 yrs, I had to get eye glasses just for computer use.
    > Your surgery was probably to correct vision to see things far away. Did
    > your doctor say anything about down the road when you get older? As
    > people age, their eyes harden and therefore can't adjust to see things up
    > close.

    Yes, I can just get reading glasses or they have a new procedure to correct
    your farsightedness without cutting your eye, its all done locally with
    laser with no incision

    > "OldDog" <OldDog@citypound.dogs> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote in message
    >>> Just curious. I had Lasik eye surgery just over year ago (thank God for
    >>> this great technological advance). I had some dry-eye problems, but for
    >>> the most part have gone away. Except when I game for an extended period,
    >>> and have to start administering eye drops. I guess I just bugger out too
    >>> much and don't blink. Anyone else need eyedrops when playing games?
    >>>

    >> Haven't had dry-eyes problems, nor the Lasik. However, a few years back
    >> when I hit 45 yrs, I had to get eye glasses just for computer use. Your
    >> surgery was probably to correct vision to see things far away. Did your
    >> doctor say anything about down the road when you get older? As people
    >> age, their eyes harden and therefore can't adjust to see things up close.
    >>

    > Yes, I can just get reading glasses or they have a new procedure to
    > correct your farsightedness without cutting your eye, its all done locally
    > with laser with no incision

    Now if they can just fix the pain in my wrist and butt from gaming
    marathons. :)

PC gaming Gaming Games IBM Video Games