Sign in with
Your question

Missing W 7 drivers network adapter? Error651, can't connect to intern

Last response: in Windows 7
May 4, 2012 4:37:25 AM

I just did a new build, Intel i5 2500K, ASRock mobo, 16 g ram, my old PNY Quadro NVS 440 video card for my 4 monitors, Crucial M4 64 g SSD, turned it on, works from git go, but I can't connect to the internet. Finally talked with MS support somewhere and they finally said that my network adapter was missing and said I had to buy a drivers and utility disk for my computer. I'm on ATT Uverse and 2 other computers in the house can connect just fine. It's not Uverse or the connection, it's something wrong with my W7 OS or my stupidity. Did I install the software OS incorrectly? Why is there something missing from my OS or computer?

How can Windows 7 HP 64 bit not come with a network adapater or driver? I've nver heard of such a thing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help or suggestions.

More about : missing drivers network adapter error651 connect intern

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 4, 2012 4:45:15 AM

The drivers are on the CD that came with the motherboard. There will be optional software on the disk as well but the drivers are all needed.

I would install the drivers from the CD and then go to the manufacturer's website and install the latest drivers after getting the internet up and running.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 4, 2012 5:31:01 AM

also if there no yellow missing deivice info under windows system and there no network card showing under the device manager.
check inside your bios under onboard devices and check that the network card has been turned on.
m
l
Related resources
!