0x0000004a Blue Screen

whimseh

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
The most recent (and only) crash dump file is from a BSOD I received just a few minutes ago, I downloaded BlueScreenView and it says it was "0x0000004a" and "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE" and was caused by a driver "ntoskrnl.exe"

What should I do? Should I just do a complete re-install of Windows? or what is causing this? :S

Specs and stuff:

Windows 7 Professional (fully updated)
16GB (4x4GB) RAM.
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Intel Core i7-2700k
OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD

I searched "0x0000004a" on Google but didn't find anything that helped me.

*Also I have no viruses, malware or anything like that.

These days, now that OS's automatically manage IRQ levels, IRQL BSOD's are almost always due to a bad driver or bad RAM.

In your case, the NT kernal itself crashed, which indicates that something else caused the problem, and wasn't detected until much later on. Makes it harder to track down the exact cause of the crash.

To ensure nothing in the memory subsystem is at fault, run Prime 95's blend test. Assuming that passes, you almost certainly have a driver problem.

SSD has latest firmware? temps aok and using a branded psu?

perhaps time for a fresh install of windows if everything checks out

intel makes the best drivers doubt there the issue you can go into safe mode (if possible) and literally delete the ahci controller driver and reboot for it to re-detect

may also want to try moving the ssd (if you using the sata3 ports) to the sata2 ports or another controller if there is present on the motherboard