Sign in with
Your question

Creating a VPN win 7

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 27, 2012 12:33:49 AM

hi. im trying to create a VPN at home so i can access it when im at public places. I can create it just fine but when i try to connect with my laptop, it doesnt accept my user name and password. I dont remember creating a user name and password and thought this was the place to create one. Where can i change my user name and password for the VPN? Also, this is the 2nd time i created a VPN. The first time it didnt work so i deleted it. Both times, right after, the internet connection would fail. Then i have to hard reset my modem and router. Am i doing something wrong?

thanks! :) 

edit: also now that reset the router and modem, i dont see the name of my network. It just says "home network" under network and sharing center. Also under local area connection ipv4 is connected to the internet but ipv6 is not. I could have sworn the ipv6 was connected before.

More about : creating vpn win

August 27, 2012 12:56:09 AM

When you first created the new incoming connection (VPN), it should have offered to use your current account, or add a new account (w/ username/password, of course). When you access it with the VPN client, you’re then prompted to provide it, or use your current credentials.
m
l
August 29, 2012 2:18:35 AM

When im creating the VPN and it asks me who i want to allow access to, do i have to allow "guests" for my laptop to have access?
m
l
August 29, 2012 2:34:43 AM

ok i got it to work. I created a new user name and password when i created the VPN. I did it by clicking "add somone" and creating a user name and password!
m
l
!