Exca

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hello,

My modem keeps resetting every 10-15min constantly, ive tryed calling my internet provider they said there was no problem with the line. Atm am connected through the internet directly from the modem. AM using "ZTE ZXHN H108N" modem (Provided by my internet provider) i used to have an old modem , but i had the sam issue , so i thought changing the modem might be the solution. and here i am stuck with the same problem for 4-5months. The current modem am using is Modem/router, and i have another router in the house so i can cover the whole house with internet since the modem/router am using atm sucks (covers a small area of my house). Ive tryed everything to fix this, but by far nothing seems to work. this is getting really annoying since i cant play online games, watch videos or even surf the internet without constant disconnection. Ive tryed flushing the dns, /renew the ip, changed the splitters, bought new modem. I have 2computers connected to the internet by cables directly from the modem , and another 3computers connected through wireless. and when the connection drops all the computers are disconnected from the internet. Am really frustrated ive tryed everything and nothing seems to work. I would really appreciate some help!.

Exca

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Well they did, and everything was perfect. they told me it could be from my wires or bad wireing or whatever, but the problem is ive mobed here like 4months ago , and all the wires are NEW

RealBeast

Titan
Unusual advice from me, but since you are not a neighbor and I can't come over and diagnose/fix the issue you may want to get professional assistance. If it has been going on that long and you have tried several modems, you have a real issue.

I would try to get the ISP out there first demanding a service call to check your home's connection to their service, including re-provisioning your line (also ask them exactly how far you are from the central office (CO) to insure that you are well under 18000 feet. I have had similar issues with DSL in the past where I was at too great a distance and the line needed work, which totally resolved the issue.

If it isn't there service and it persists as now with a direct connect to the modem pay someone to fix it who has the experience and knowledge to get it done.

Another option is to do a trial of an alternative service if cable modem is available for you.

Did the tech have a monitor on the line at the exact moment the connection dropped? If not then the so called test wasn't complete. You have a line issue that needs to be addressed by the provider.

RealBeast

Titan

^ +1 Ongoing DSL problems are always a line issue in my experience. The more you complain and call them the sooner your issue will be fixed.

Exca

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Okaay how about this, whenever i log into online game my modem resets automaticly and reconnects after 10sec. when am surfing the internet without opening my game i have no connection drops. and am not that far away maybe like 900 or even less. and am pretty sure the line is working 10000%.

RealBeast

Titan
Hmmm, why do you think the line is working if your modem constantly resets, and you also seem to think that your modem is okay because the previous modem did the same thing?

DSL online support always lies -- they are paid to lie -- I went through it in several cities until I demanded that they come out and test the line from my end and tell me my exact distance from the CO. Only then did they both admit that I was really too far from the CO and should not have ever had service started.

Good luck.