ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hello,
In my office (my 1st job!!) my laptop is of 64 bit OS but the HP printer in the server is of 32 bit OS. So I need to install this printer on my laptop for to do printing tasks. I have to do it from my laptop. I can not change/edit in a word touch printer for this. How can I do it? Please help

Arafat.Sultan
IT Support Engineer
GraphicPeople, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Arafat.Sultan@enfatico.com

ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012
thanks....my laptop is of 64 bit OS but my printer is of 32 bit OS.....If I install 64 bit drrivers according your suggestion, will it be helpful for this 32 bit printer??

Thanks again

G

driver needs to be 32 bit for 32 bit OS and 64 for 64 bit OS. sorry maybe not good to put as 32/64 - 32 or 64.

the server needs the 32 bit, you have that. your laptop needs to use the 64 bit.

go to HP and type in the model number of the printer to get 64 bit drivers and install those on your lap top. no good to install on server, it is 32 bit.

ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012
thanks...my problem has been solved. Now I have another simple problem which is not simple for me!!

I know the ip of the printer server of my office. It is not a web server. So I can not access that server by typing the ip on the browser. I have to type the ip on the UNC path. But I don't know how to go to the UNC path through start menu. Please help me

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS