Help with Call of Duty multiplayer

I'm an experienced single-player gamer. I've played very, very little
on the internet. My father and I have Call Of Duty (both patched to
multiplayer version 1.5) and I'd like to play with him in a cooperative
fashion. I've tried to set it up but don't get it. I assume I'm
supposed to start a server? When I do that, the game screen goes away
and is replaced by some sort of console panel. If I restart the
multiplayer game, I don't see my named server in the list, and neither
does my father. Clue me in?

Also, what would be the easiest 2 player cooperative mode to play in?
My father is less experienced and we just want to get this thing up and
running as easily as possible. Thanks much.
2 answers Last reply
More about help call duty multiplayer

    <jeffc226@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I'm an experienced single-player gamer. I've played very, very little
    > on the internet. My father and I have Call Of Duty (both patched to
    > multiplayer version 1.5) and I'd like to play with him in a cooperative
    > fashion. I've tried to set it up but don't get it. I assume I'm
    > supposed to start a server? When I do that, the game screen goes away
    > and is replaced by some sort of console panel. If I restart the
    > multiplayer game, I don't see my named server in the list, and neither
    > does my father. Clue me in?
    >
    > Also, what would be the easiest 2 player cooperative mode to play in?
    > My father is less experienced and we just want to get this thing up and
    > running as easily as possible. Thanks much.

    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe COD has a
    cooperative mode. You either play the single player missions by yourself
    against the game's AI, or you can play multiplayer deathmatch. It could be
    TEAM deathmatch (TDM), or Free-For-All (FFA). As far as I know, there is no
    way for you and him to fight against the computer AI as in single player
    mode.

    KCB wrote:
    > <jeffc226@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm an experienced single-player gamer. I've played very, very little
    >>on the internet. My father and I have Call Of Duty (both patched to
    >>multiplayer version 1.5) and I'd like to play with him in a cooperative
    >>fashion. I've tried to set it up but don't get it. I assume I'm
    >>supposed to start a server? When I do that, the game screen goes away
    >>and is replaced by some sort of console panel. If I restart the
    >>multiplayer game, I don't see my named server in the list, and neither
    >>does my father. Clue me in?
    >>
    >>Also, what would be the easiest 2 player cooperative mode to play in?
    >>My father is less experienced and we just want to get this thing up and
    >>running as easily as possible. Thanks much.
    >>

    > Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe COD has a
    > cooperative mode. You either play the single player missions by yourself
    > against the game's AI, or you can play multiplayer deathmatch. It could be
    > TEAM deathmatch (TDM), or Free-For-All (FFA). As far as I know, there is no
    > way for you and him to fight against the computer AI as in single player
    > mode.

    Correct.

    The easiest would be to go onto a public server and play on the same team.

    James

PC gaming Call of Duty Multiplayer Video Games