Help with Call of Duty multiplayer

I'm an experienced single-player gamer. I've played very, very little
on the internet. My father and I have Call Of Duty (both patched to
multiplayer version 1.5) and I'd like to play with him in a cooperative
fashion. I've tried to set it up but don't get it. I assume I'm
supposed to start a server? When I do that, the game screen goes away
and is replaced by some sort of console panel. If I restart the
multiplayer game, I don't see my named server in the list, and neither
does my father. Clue me in?

Also, what would be the easiest 2 player cooperative mode to play in?
My father is less experienced and we just want to get this thing up and
running as easily as possible. Thanks much.

<jeffc226@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm an experienced single-player gamer. I've played very, very little
> on the internet. My father and I have Call Of Duty (both patched to
> multiplayer version 1.5) and I'd like to play with him in a cooperative
> fashion. I've tried to set it up but don't get it. I assume I'm
> supposed to start a server? When I do that, the game screen goes away
> and is replaced by some sort of console panel. If I restart the
> multiplayer game, I don't see my named server in the list, and neither
> does my father. Clue me in?
>
> Also, what would be the easiest 2 player cooperative mode to play in?
> My father is less experienced and we just want to get this thing up and
> running as easily as possible. Thanks much.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe COD has a
cooperative mode. You either play the single player missions by yourself
against the game's AI, or you can play multiplayer deathmatch. It could be
TEAM deathmatch (TDM), or Free-For-All (FFA). As far as I know, there is no
way for you and him to fight against the computer AI as in single player
mode.

KCB wrote:
> <jeffc226@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'm an experienced single-player gamer. I've played very, very little
>>on the internet. My father and I have Call Of Duty (both patched to
>>multiplayer version 1.5) and I'd like to play with him in a cooperative
>>fashion. I've tried to set it up but don't get it. I assume I'm
>>supposed to start a server? When I do that, the game screen goes away
>>and is replaced by some sort of console panel. If I restart the
>>multiplayer game, I don't see my named server in the list, and neither
>>does my father. Clue me in?
>>
>>Also, what would be the easiest 2 player cooperative mode to play in?
>>My father is less experienced and we just want to get this thing up and
>>running as easily as possible. Thanks much.
>>

> Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe COD has a
> cooperative mode. You either play the single player missions by yourself
> against the game's AI, or you can play multiplayer deathmatch. It could be
> TEAM deathmatch (TDM), or Free-For-All (FFA). As far as I know, there is no
> way for you and him to fight against the computer AI as in single player
> mode.

Correct.

The easiest would be to go onto a public server and play on the same team.

James