Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
have p4 1.6 with 576m sdram on p4b mobo.question is:can i get faster ram for this mobo;and if not what can i do do speed up ths sdram.i ask cuz i see a lot of articles saying sdram is a p4 killer--with regards to speed anyhow.my settings are:Sdram Configuration---(by spd) Sdram Cas Latency-----(3T)
Sdram Ras to Cas------(3T)
Sdram Active Dis.-----(6T)
Sdram Idle Time-------(Infinite)
sorry---- forgot to mention i'm running cpu @ 2.0;does this o/c the mem too much(fsb=500)

:wink: They can't fire me,slaves have to be sold !!! :wink: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toester on 09/08/02 10:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
p4 + sdram... oh yuk... at least u overclock :smile:

methinks your STUCK with sdram, unless you get a different mobo. tough luck.

regarding your ram timings, set the numbers to be as low as possible
cas 2, ras to cas 2, active dis 5t (if possible)

depending on how the board is set up, that ram may be running faster than 133mhz, and how well it goes depends on its quality.

you will know soon enough if the ram can't handle the higher bus speeds in combination with the harder mem timings. lockups and bluescreens will prevail :smile:

<b><font color=orange>My <font color=green>life <font color=red>has <font color=blue>been <font color=black>so <font color=purple>much <font color=yellow>more <font color=orange>colourful <font color=green>since <font color=blue>the <font color=red>advent <font color=black>of <font color=purple>Super <font color=red>VGA! :lol:

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
settings were put as you noted----no lock-ups or blue screens.......................(yet)....thx for info!!!

:wink: They can't fire me,slaves have to be sold !!! :wink: