Sign in with
Your question

Router help

Last response: in Networking
October 2, 2012 12:38:23 PM

hello il be using more than 30mb of bandwidth for my company and would to merge 2 bandwidths
through a router . i would like to buy a router which can support upto 45mb of bandwidth .

plz suggest me some good router ..

More about : router

October 2, 2012 2:48:30 PM

hang-the-9 said:
This should work http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9925/index.html

Keep in mind you can't really merge the two connections but you can split the two connections between computers to have more bandwidth available to each one.

i can use the other as a back up line rite?
if i cant merge it
m
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 3:51:44 PM

Yes you can use it as a backup line, and you can even do load balancing where some systems use one connection and some use the second.
m
l
October 2, 2012 8:00:53 PM

hang-the-9 said:
This should work http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9925/index.html

Keep in mind you can't really merge the two connections but you can split the two connections between computers to have more bandwidth available to each one.

I'd recommend again the RV042 for a true 45Mbps line, it won't handle the traffic depending on the version you get (there are 3). What kind of connection is it? Is it cable, Metro-E, or a T3/E3? Are you keeping the original line? What is your budget for a router?
m
l
October 3, 2012 8:59:40 AM

sk1939 said:
I'd recommend again the RV042 for a true 45Mbps line, it won't handle the traffic depending on the version you get (there are 3). What kind of connection is it? Is it cable, Metro-E, or a T3/E3? Are you keeping the original line? What is your budget for a router?

i checked the RV042 its in budget ..
i get a fiber direct from it POP and there is a media converter here at my office which wil go into the router
m
l
October 4, 2012 12:59:05 AM

Which means that it is Metro-Ethernet. If you go with the RV042 make absolutely sure you get a hardware version 3 (RV042 v3) device, as earlier devices won't be able to handle much more than what 45mbps. That means if you increase your bandwidth, you would need to repurchase the RV042, or another device.
m
l
!