DARK MESSIAHT OF MIGHT & MAGIC announced

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.ibm.pc.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES DARK MESSIAHT OF MIGHT & MAGIC

New Might & Magic game to be powered by SourceT Engine from Valve
SAN FRANCISCO - AUGUST 4, 2005 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest
video game publishers, announces the development of Dark MessiahT of Might &
Magic, a new first-person action game for the PC, powered by an enhanced
version of the SourceT Engine, the award-winning game technology Valve
created to power Half-Life 2.

Developed by Arkane Studios, the team behind the critically acclaimed Arx
Fatalis game, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic puts players in a first-person
perspective, allowing them to immerse themselves in the legendary Might and
Magic universe as never before. It is also the world's first fantasy action
game to feature a complete first-person combat system. It takes full
advantage of the SourceT Engine's exceptional technological enhancements in
areas such as character animation, advanced AI, real-world physics and
shader-based rendering.

Ubisoft acquired the Might and Magic brand in 2003, and Dark Messiah of
Might & Magic is the second title Ubisoft will be launching as it restores
this famed franchise to glory. Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is scheduled
for a summer 2006 release and will be shown for the first time at the Games
Convention in Germany on August 17, 2005.

http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=9039
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/639/639094p1.html
http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1123181940.1861.html
http://pc.ign.com/articles/639/639039p1.html

In article <lImdnWfQfIVkDm_fRVn-uw@comcast.com>, <Highlander> says...

> Developed by Arkane Studios, the team behind the critically acclaimed Arx
> Fatalis game, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic puts players in a first-person
> perspective, allowing them to immerse themselves in the legendary Might and
> Magic universe as never before.

As never before? I never played it, but I though 'Crusaders of Might
and Magic' was a shooter based on the series.

- Gerry Quinn

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

Frack.

You raised my hopes, then dashed them utterly.

Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

TRENDING THREADS