Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MP3 editing in Motorola Phone tools 2.0

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 9:09:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

How do I edit an MP3 in Motorola Phone Tools 2.0 and upload it in my
V300 phone to be used as a hifi-ringer tone?

Can this be done?

I just got my Phone Tools software and I'm still feeling my way around
it. I'm not sure if this can be done. Any pointers?

-Naz
August 7, 2004 3:46:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Naz Reyes" <naz@american.edu> wrote in message
news:10h7srgbm6l5ee0@corp.supernews.com...
> How do I edit an MP3 in Motorola Phone Tools 2.0 and upload it in my
> V300 phone to be used as a hifi-ringer tone?
>
Don't think you can edit MP3, only select, play and copy to the phone.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:46:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Jim wrote:
> "Naz Reyes" <naz@american.edu> wrote in message
> news:10h7srgbm6l5ee0@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>How do I edit an MP3 in Motorola Phone Tools 2.0 and upload it in my
>>V300 phone to be used as a hifi-ringer tone?
>>
>
> Don't think you can edit MP3, only select, play and copy to the phone.

Well, imagine if I have a huge MP3 of a song. Don't I have to CROP the
song first into a 10-second clip before copying it to the phone?

Which brings me to the question...can I cut a 10-second clip of an MP3
(anywhere in the MP3?) and use that as hifi-ringer tone?

-Naz
Related resources
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 4:41:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

You have to crop the song with audio software like goldweave or sound forge.
MPT 2.0 will not edit songs.

--

Thanks.


"Naz Reyes" <naz@american.edu> wrote in message
news:10h87dl483uacbe@corp.supernews.com...
>
>
> Jim wrote:
> > "Naz Reyes" <naz@american.edu> wrote in message
> > news:10h7srgbm6l5ee0@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> >>How do I edit an MP3 in Motorola Phone Tools 2.0 and upload it in my
> >>V300 phone to be used as a hifi-ringer tone?
> >>
> >
> > Don't think you can edit MP3, only select, play and copy to the phone.
>
> Well, imagine if I have a huge MP3 of a song. Don't I have to CROP the
> song first into a 10-second clip before copying it to the phone?
>
> Which brings me to the question...can I cut a 10-second clip of an MP3
> (anywhere in the MP3?) and use that as hifi-ringer tone?
>
> -Naz
>
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 9:41:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Saucer Man wrote:
> You have to crop the song with audio software like goldweave or sound forge.
> MPT 2.0 will not edit songs.
>

Thanks for the tip. It just occurred to me that I have a Magix Mp3
Maker, so I went and edited the file through that, and then uploaded the
edited Mp3 with Phone Tools 2.0 to my V300.

It worked! :-)

thanks to you and everyone here,
-Naz
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 10:42:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

You need an audio editing program such as Sound Forge to edit the mp3
before sending it to your phone.



On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:09:24 -0400, Naz Reyes <naz@american.edu>
wrote:

>
>
>Jim wrote:
>> "Naz Reyes" <naz@american.edu> wrote in message
>> news:10h7srgbm6l5ee0@corp.supernews.com...
>>
>>>How do I edit an MP3 in Motorola Phone Tools 2.0 and upload it in my
>>>V300 phone to be used as a hifi-ringer tone?
>>>
>>
>> Don't think you can edit MP3, only select, play and copy to the phone.
>
>Well, imagine if I have a huge MP3 of a song. Don't I have to CROP the
>song first into a 10-second clip before copying it to the phone?
>
>Which brings me to the question...can I cut a 10-second clip of an MP3
>(anywhere in the MP3?) and use that as hifi-ringer tone?
>
>-Naz
!