Share USB Modem Internet Through Router

tutnut

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Hi, I have a Thomson tg782, with a USB port on the side. I want to plug my sub modem internet into that usb port, and then share that connection over wifi, because the router has a wifi function. Please help i need answers fast! Thanks!
Tutnut.tk is my website

Solution
john is right the usb port on the side of your modem is for a storage device or printer at best, no modems or anything else for tha matter. To connect a modem to that port would mean that the device would need to know what is connected. For that to happen the router would need to install a driver for the usb device connected. So since installing a driver on the router is not possible it simply can't be done wheather you are in a hurry or not!

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Your question is that you want to use a cellular type modem with your router via usb?

You need a very special router to be able to do that. Most routers only support storage devices via USB. Just because it has a USB port does not mean it will support all devices. Most those modems are not even supported on PC without the vendors special drivers.

tutnut

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

Do u know how to receive wifi with a router?

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
john is right the usb port on the side of your modem is for a storage device or printer at best, no modems or anything else for tha matter. To connect a modem to that port would mean that the device would need to know what is connected. For that to happen the router would need to install a driver for the usb device connected. So since installing a driver on the router is not possible it simply can't be done wheather you are in a hurry or not!

Solution