Tags:
  • Routers
  • Modem
  • USB
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
October 3, 2012 7:32:43 AM

Hi, I have a Thomson tg782, with a USB port on the side. I want to plug my sub modem internet into that usb port, and then share that connection over wifi, because the router has a wifi function. Please help i need answers fast! Thanks!
Tutnut.tk is my website

More about : share usb modem internet router

October 3, 2012 8:31:15 AM

Your question is that you want to use a cellular type modem with your router via usb?

You need a very special router to be able to do that. Most routers only support storage devices via USB. Just because it has a USB port does not mean it will support all devices. Most those modems are not even supported on PC without the vendors special drivers.
m
l
October 3, 2012 9:11:35 AM

john-b691 said:
Your question is that you want to use a cellular type modem with your router via usb?

You need a very special router to be able to do that. Most routers only support storage devices via USB. Just because it has a USB port does not mean it will support all devices. Most those modems are not even supported on PC without the vendors special drivers.

Do u know how to receive wifi with a router?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 3, 2012 11:46:57 AM

john is right the usb port on the side of your modem is for a storage device or printer at best, no modems or anything else for tha matter. To connect a modem to that port would mean that the device would need to know what is connected. For that to happen the router would need to install a driver for the usb device connected. So since installing a driver on the router is not possible it simply can't be done wheather you are in a hurry or not!
October 3, 2012 11:09:25 PM

Best answer selected by tutnut.
m
l
!