Next big Strategy Game?

What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals /
Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act of
War but wasn't real fond of it.

Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!
4 answers Last reply
More about next strategy game

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> once tried to test me
    with:

    > What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals
    > / Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried
    > Act of War but wasn't real fond of it.
    >
    > Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I
    > haven't been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at
    > War which is still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

    I just got warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. It's pretty neat so far but I can't
    say if it competes with the other games you mentioned (because I haven't
    played them). I also have Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth which
    is pretty decent.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:03:07 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at
    gmail dot com> wrote:

    >What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals /
    >Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act of
    >War but wasn't real fond of it.
    >
    >Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
    >been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
    >still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

    Supreme Commander.

    com> wrote:

    >What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be?

    You could post an comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic - that newsgroup needs
    more legit postings.

    >I love C&C Generals /
    >Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act of
    >War but wasn't real fond of it.
    >
    >Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
    >been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
    >still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

    Earth 2160 is coming out - it's reputed to be an improvement, but I don't
    know anything about the gameplay yet.

    Hopefully, they'll fix at least one of the many problems plaguing most RTS
    games. They've appeared to change from a series of set missions into a
    conquest system from what I heard.

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals /
    > Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act
    of
    > War but wasn't real fond of it.
    >
    > Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
    > been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
    > still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

    Try out the Total Realism Mod for Rome: Total War. It's pretty sweet!

    www.rometotalrealism.com

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games