Next big Strategy Game?

Last response: in Video Games
August 6, 2005 2:03:07 AM

What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals /
Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act of
War but wasn't real fond of it.

Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

More about : big strategy game

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:12:22 PM

"HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> once tried to test me
with:

> What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals
> / Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried
> Act of War but wasn't real fond of it.
>
> Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I
> haven't been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at
> War which is still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

I just got warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. It's pretty neat so far but I can't
say if it competes with the other games you mentioned (because I haven't
played them). I also have Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth which
is pretty decent.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:10:09 PM

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:03:07 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at
gmail dot com> wrote:

>What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals /
>Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act of
>War but wasn't real fond of it.
>
>Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
>been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
>still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

Supreme Commander.
August 8, 2005 1:52:41 AM

com> wrote:

>What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be?

You could post an comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic - that newsgroup needs
more legit postings.

>I love C&C Generals /
>Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act of
>War but wasn't real fond of it.
>
>Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
>been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
>still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

Earth 2160 is coming out - it's reputed to be an improvement, but I don't
know anything about the gameplay yet.

Hopefully, they'll fix at least one of the many problems plaguing most RTS
games. They've appeared to change from a series of set missions into a
conquest system from what I heard.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 4:51:59 PM

"HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What will the next big Real Time Strategy game be? I love C&C Generals /
> Zero Hour and Rome Total War, but have played them to death. I tried Act
of
> War but wasn't real fond of it.
>
> Is there some great RTS game coming up that I don't know about? I haven't
> been able to find anything other than the Star Wars Empire at War which is
> still at least six months out! Generals 2 would be great!

Try out the Total Realism Mod for Rome: Total War. It's pretty sweet!

www.rometotalrealism.com
!