great new STEAM content on the way!

While we know we're starting to sound a little like a broken record, Lost
Coast, Day of Defeat, and Aftermath are in the final phases of development
and being polished for release. While the latter two aren't quite at the
point where we can nail down an exact release date, we're expecting to have
Lost Coast ready in a couple of weeks.

One of the interesting features we added to Lost Coast is a commentary
system, where you'll be able to hear first-hand some of the background on
the features and choices in Lost Coast from the team responsible for
building it. If this is something that goes over well with the community,
we'll be adding it into our future titles.

Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that will
be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve
7 answers Last reply
More about great steam content

    x-no-archive: yes

    Adernal wrote:

    <snip what seems to be obvious valve propaganda>

    this is a quote right?
    you use the "we" throughout the post but you don't really
    work for valve do you?

    it would be the last thing we could see in this group valve
    deciding to have a presence... why? cause they are too much
    guilty to face pc gamers directly
    they can't escape being arrogant selfish and careless about
    pc gamers request and complaints so they know flames are
    the only things to expect

    as for what "they" and not you consider "great" and "new"
    cause its obvious the text is pure valve propaganda let me
    give you what we really should "classify" it

    lost coast: is just a single map so valve can test how its
    strategy of only targeting the more resourceful customers
    will work out
    its obvious valve wants for their own customers to have the
    biggest income possible so they can inflate prices as high
    as possible... cause lets be real... with only these kinds
    of customers valve could easily double hl2 price and still
    they would buy it
    i do believe valve strategy is to lower the over number of
    customers by compensate with much higher pricing which pc
    gamers with higher income can afford
    so basically lost coast is a pure "marketing" test, nothing
    new or great about it for the gamer

    dod: is a old valve title "ported" to their new engine, so
    what is new about this? nothing! and i don't even think
    doing this kind of thig is worthy... do you see id porting
    original doom or quake to the doom 3 engine? obviously not
    its not cause you change the graphics you have a "new" game
    games are not graphics but rather gameplay so with the same
    gameplay the game is basically the same

    aftermatch: its simply an expansion pack for a almost one
    year old released title... its more of the same... again
    nothing new...

    new about all this? no!
    great about all this? only if you are a blind brainwashed
    submissive steam fanatic

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    x-no-archive: yes

    Stone Monkey wrote:

    > i'm pretty sure aftermath is free aswell

    aftermath free as well???? hahahahaha!!!!!
    it's so amusing seeing the dumb and almost naive way steam
    fanatics think about their master valve
    the brain damage has been so deep they truly think valve
    will "take good care of them" just like a father to a son
    giving aftermath as a gift cause they are very well behaved
    boys
    wakeup monkey! time to stop being "stoned" all the time!
    time to face reality!
    you will pay big bucks to play valve's games cause steams
    STARVING machine needs lots of continuous non stop feeding
    and you and all the dumb steam fanatics will be the food!

    --

    Quoth The Raven "Adernal"<admin@geeksandgames.com> in
    Pd3Je.322$bV2.290@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net
    > While we know we're starting to sound a little like a broken record,
    > Lost Coast, Day of Defeat, and Aftermath are in the final phases of
    > development and being polished for release. While the latter two
    > aren't quite at the point where we can nail down an exact release
    > date, we're expecting to have Lost Coast ready in a couple of weeks.
    >
    > One of the interesting features we added to Lost Coast is a commentary
    > system, where you'll be able to hear first-hand some of the
    > background on the features and choices in Lost Coast from the team
    > responsible for building it. If this is something that goes over well
    > with the community, we'll be adding it into our future titles.
    >
    > Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game
    > that will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve

    will the extra content cost more, or is it free to silver/gold subscribers?
    --
    I used to be lost in the shuffle. Now I just shuffle along with the
    lost.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:59:41 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >will the extra content cost more, or is it free to silver/gold subscribers?

    Lost Coast will be free. Silver/Gold subscribers have already paid for
    DOD:S. Dunno about Aftermath.

    Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in

    > On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:59:41 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>will the extra content cost more, or is it free to silver/gold
    >>subscribers?
    >
    > Lost Coast will be free. Silver/Gold subscribers have already paid for
    > DOD:S. Dunno about Aftermath.

    i'm pretty sure aftermath is free aswell,I'd like to play dod:source but
    only aslong as is isnt too pricey, but i can't imagine they would bother
    making it too pricey cause very few people would buy it

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Adernal wrote:
    >
    > <snip what seems to be obvious valve propaganda>
    >
    > this is a quote right?
    > you use the "we" throughout the post but you don't really
    > work for valve do you?

    sorry, but no one cares about your EMPTY rhetoric

    the popularity and success of STEAM alone shows that

    please move on to anti abortion or anti cruelty to animals where you will do
    more good, and then on the way stop to get a life

    On 06 Aug 2005 23:51:22 GMT, Stone Monkey
    <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:59:41 +1000, "Highlandish"
    >> <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>will the extra content cost more, or is it free to silver/gold
    >>>subscribers?
    >>
    >> Lost Coast will be free. Silver/Gold subscribers have already paid for
    >> DOD:S. Dunno about Aftermath.
    >
    >i'm pretty sure aftermath is free aswell,

    Doubtful - it is a commercial expansion pack.

    They have Counterstrike on Steam and are coming up with Aftermath... As
    long as something like Yuri's Revenge doesn't come down the pipeline, it's
    fine by me.

    >I'd like to play dod:source but
    >only aslong as is isnt too pricey, but i can't imagine they would bother
    >making it too pricey cause very few people would buy it

    For most users, it is too pricey - especially since DoD classic runs on a
    lower powered computer for the cost of an old HL box in a retail store.
    Unless there's also gameplay changes as well, it will be slow to start.

PC gaming Games Video Games