Sign in with
Your question

I need to watch live from my laptop webcam

Last response: in Windows 7
May 4, 2012 11:54:26 AM

Hello

Guys i have my laptop and my PC, i need a program to give me live video view on my PC from my laptop cam.
I need it to watch my child from my business desk from my room upstairs.
Is there any program or method to do this?
thanks in advance.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 4, 2012 12:12:08 PM

loai548 said:
Hello

Guys i have my laptop and my PC, i need a program to give me live video view on my PC from my laptop cam.
thanks in advance.

you could use a software like pc anyware to dial into the laptop. it been years from the last time i looked at these types of software i dont know if they still show the desktop or screen of the other pc. one other way is to use a wireless ccd cam or web cam.
m
l
May 4, 2012 12:58:03 PM

Probably the simplest way is just to remote in to your laptop and view your webcam that way.
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2012 1:40:32 PM

rdzona said:
Probably the simplest way is just to remote in to your laptop and view your webcam that way.

How to do that ?
m
l
May 4, 2012 2:04:57 PM

Quote:
I'm having no problems remote accessing you laptops webcam. I would also recommend that.

However running a laptop just for a camera seems over kill. I would recommend a network camera.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategor...

I don't mind keeping my laptop running
but can u explain to me how i can stream my webcam using remote connection ?
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:15:00 PM

But logmein can not give me webcam stream
m
l
May 5, 2012 12:15:13 AM

Are we talking about an infant, or do you require something with higher resolution? Because the simplest solution would be a baby monitor with video. No need to keep your laptop running, frees up your screen, far simpler, more mobile, etc etc.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA06E...
m
l
May 5, 2012 1:05:07 AM

loai548 said:
But logmein can not give me webcam stream

What do you mean?? I've done this very thing before. Logmein simply lets you remote into you laptop from another computer or any connected device. Accessing your webcam and remote usage are two independent actions. What don't you get? Or maybe I'm not fully understanding what you're trying to do.
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 5, 2012 2:02:56 AM

loai548 said:
Hello

thanks in advance.

You can install Skype with two different accounts on both your desktop and laptop. Set up laptop' skype to "autoanswer with video", and here is it - from your desktop (or anywhere Skype is available) you can call your laptop, and see video and audio. You can mute laptop' volume (or desktop mike) if you don't want your voice to be heard.
m
l
May 11, 2012 11:02:15 AM

Thanks all for replay :) 
m
l
!