Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible wi..

Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
And are they worth playing?

Interesting Ian wrote:
> Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
> And are they worth playing?

Deus Ex is, definitely, on both counts. Dunno the other.

"Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> Interesting Ian wrote:
> > Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
> > And are they worth playing?
> >

> Deus Ex is, definitely, on both counts. Dunno the other.

OK I'll play it then. Might as well give "Serious Sam" a bash as well.
Serious Sam? LOL What a daft name.

Toby

On 2005-08-08, Interesting Ian <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
> And are they worth playing?

Serious Sam 2nd Encounter works on XP.
I think that Serious Sam 1 is better than the 2nd encounter, but they are both good.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

Andrew

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:07:20 GMT, "Interesting Ian"
<DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?

Yes.

>And are they worth playing?

DE is stunning in terms of atmosphere, story and intelligent gameplay,
but may look a bit dated now. SS (1 or SE) are great for mindless fun
shooting.

"Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-08-08, Interesting Ian <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
> > And are they worth playing?
>
> Serious Sam 2nd Encounter works on XP.
> I think that Serious Sam 1 is better than the 2nd encounter, but they are
both good.

Does the first one work with XP?

"Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
> And are they worth playing?

The latest version of both games work on Windows XP SP2.

nostromo

Thus spake "Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com>, Mon, 08 Aug
2005 14:15:30 GMT, Anno Domini:

>"Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> Interesting Ian wrote:
>> > Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
>> > And are they worth playing?
>> >

>> Deus Ex is, definitely, on both counts. Dunno the other.
>
>OK I'll play it then. Might as well give "Serious Sam" a bash as well.
>Serious Sam? LOL What a daft name.

Go with Serious Sam, hands down if you want a pure *fun* fps. What Brian
conveniently omitted to mention about DX is that you need a Glide card to
get the most out of it (actually looks shite w/o one), & given you're
talking about Windows XP, I'm 99.99% certain you're not running one. Plus I
played DX & thought it was ho-hum in every way. Now SS2 - trust the Cros to
know how to make a game about wholesale killin! >;-)

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Andrew

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 07:47:38 +1000, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Go with Serious Sam, hands down if you want a pure *fun* fps. What Brian
>conveniently omitted to mention about DX is that you need a Glide card to
>get the most out of it (actually looks shite w/o one)

I honestly don't know where you come up with that from, it looked as
good on my GF1 as my V2 SLI at the time.

Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake "Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com>, Mon, 08 Aug
> 2005 14:15:30 GMT, Anno Domini:

> Go with Serious Sam, hands down if you want a pure *fun* fps. What Brian
> conveniently omitted to mention about DX

Drat, you found me out. Now Warren Spector'll have my legs broken.

Toby

On 2005-08-08, Interesting Ian <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> "Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
>> On 2005-08-08, Interesting Ian <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> > Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
>> > And are they worth playing?
>>
>> Serious Sam 2nd Encounter works on XP.
>> I think that Serious Sam 1 is better than the 2nd encounter, but they are
> both good.
>>
> Does the first one work with XP?

Probably. It costs about a pound. Just buy it and see.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.
Ignore any mail delivery error.

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:21:57 GMT, "Interesting Ian"
<DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
>> On 2005-08-08, Interesting Ian <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> > Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?
>> > And are they worth playing?
>>
>> Serious Sam 2nd Encounter works on XP.
>> I think that Serious Sam 1 is better than the 2nd encounter, but they are
>both good.
>>
>Does the first one work with XP?

Yes.

Gary

"Interesting Ian" <DELETETHISspam.me2@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Are Deus Ex and Serious Sam second Encounter compatible with Windows XP?

I just installed Deus Ex in Windows XP. Seems to work fine.