Hellforces - black screen ?

kev

When using this original game on a PC with a Ti4200 and either the lastest
drivers or one of the earlier ones the screen has a tendancy to sometimes go
black when you look around. Does anyone know how to correct this ?

Thanks

"Kev" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When using this original game on a PC with a Ti4200 and either the lastest
> drivers or one of the earlier ones the screen has a tendancy to sometimes
> go black when you look around. Does anyone know how to correct this ?
>
> Thanks

While I can't assist you, I would appreciate some feedback about the game.
I'm was semi-interested in this.

Which drivers? Try 45.23. So far I've had to use this version twice to play
Gothic 2 and Sacred. Fixed the problems perfectly.

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Woooooooo.com> wrote in message
> "Kev" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > When using this original game on a PC with a Ti4200 and either the
lastest
> > drivers or one of the earlier ones the screen has a tendancy to
sometimes
> > go black when you look around. Does anyone know how to correct this ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> While I can't assist you, I would appreciate some feedback about the game.
> I'm was semi-interested in this.

x-no-archive: yes

The Berzerker wrote:

> I would appreciate some feedback about the game.

me too but with the exception of high profile titles this
group is very unfair to those which are not hyped or have
big promotional and advertising
also i think hellforces has not yet been released in the
states so that's why we can partially justify this group
not talking about it
hellforces is in my buying list for a month now
i'll buy it for sure next month but i hope by then someone
has already made a review of the game in this group if not
rest assured cause i'll do it

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

kev

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Which drivers? Try 45.23. So far I've had to use this version twice to
> play
> Gothic 2 and Sacred. Fixed the problems perfectly.
>
> "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Woooooooo.com> wrote in message
>> "Kev" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > When using this original game on a PC with a Ti4200 and either the
> lastest
>> > drivers or one of the earlier ones the screen has a tendancy to
> sometimes
>> > go black when you look around. Does anyone know how to correct this ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> While I can't assist you, I would appreciate some feedback about the
>> game.
>> I'm was semi-interested in this.

Ok, my genre is FPS and I like Doom 3, HL 2, Far Cry, Painkiller, Serious
Sam, etc. Amongst other things they have in various combinations offered
good physics, atmosphere, tension, decent graphics, etc. Each to their own
but my PERSONAL observations so far after about three hours of playing it
are as follows. I'm sure that others WILL disagree so please don't base
your buying decisions on what I say !

Graphics - not impressed - by today's standards - reminds me a bit of
Devastation and even Kingpin.
AI - not that good. Throw a grenade and the NPCs don't seem to run away.
Same goes for shooting near them.

I've seen guns sticking out through walls and even shadows of some of the
NPCs doing the same.

I'd rather not have spent £17.99 on it

x-no-archive: yes

Kev wrote:

<snip>

i'm only sorry i can't reply and nobody else does
if a specific game is not released in the U.S. it simply
won't be talked about in this group that's why i defend
pc game releases being simultaneous around the world