Project Offset [video #2] ....best PC graphics ever

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

a second video of The Offset Engine has just appeared on the web
http://www.bromagames.com/stuff/project_offset_august2005_852x480p.zip

Offset is both a graphics engine and a game -- an 'epic fantasy FPS'

motion blur is used in the post process so everything has motion blur, it's
not just an effect you see here and there.

together with the lighting, the complexity and the smoothness of the
framerate, it adds up to the best realtime 3D visuals I've seen on the PC.

sketch

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

> It does look amazing... but almost TOO amazing. Hard to know if that's
> in-game footage or pre-rendered (I'm talking about the last portion of
> the video where the player is fighting an ogre or something).

The voice-over states it's in-game footage.

I checked out the project's web site ( www.projectoffset ) but found nothing
about system requirements. I'm surprised this type of story doesn't already
have a publisher. My guess is most fantasy genre game players aren't
necessarily into running-and-gunning (or in this case sticking-and-stabbing)
FPS-esque gameplay.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, wolfing wrote:

> so heretic with new graphics?
> been there, done that

This looks to me like Legends of Might and Magic, only while the former
tried to bring Counter Strike into the fantasy world, Project Offset is
targeting for Battlefield ;).

On 8 Aug 2005 13:57:19 -0700, wolfing wrote:

> so heretic with new graphics?

Hmm, Heretic and Hexen were two of the three only shooters I really
enjoyed. If it is "Heretic with new graphics", I *actually* might be
interested in it!

M.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

How much do you get paid for this post?

Jay Pieace

Highlander wrote:
> a second video of The Offset Engine has just appeared on the web
> http://www.bromagames.com/stuff/project_offset_august2005_852x480p.zip
>
> Offset is both a graphics engine and a game -- an 'epic fantasy FPS'
>

> motion blur is used in the post process so everything has motion blur, it's
> not just an effect you see here and there.
>
> together with the lighting, the complexity and the smoothness of the
> framerate, it adds up to the best realtime 3D visuals I've seen on the PC.

TRENDING THREADS