Half Life 2: Aftermatch teaser movie is out

The first Half Life 2: Aftermath teaser movie is out at 3dgamers. It
looks like the encoding is messed up or it is using the latest version
of xVid or Divx, since I couldn't directly play it. I used a video
editor to convert it. It will probably be up on gametrailers today or
tomorrow.
It starts out with Dog opening a hole in a wall or floor. It looks
like Alex might be the main character, yes, she is alive. There is a
new adversary, the Stalkers. It ends with Breen's voice.
There aren't any major graphics changes in the teaser but maybe there
will be a HDR option when it comes out.

On 10 Aug 2005 12:35:54 -0700, "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> The first Half Life 2: Aftermath teaser movie is out at 3dgamers. It
>looks like the encoding is messed up or it is using the latest version
>of xVid or Divx, since I couldn't directly play it. I used a video
>editor to convert it. It will probably be up on gametrailers today or
>tomorrow.
> It starts out with Dog opening a hole in a wall or floor. It looks
>like Alex might be the main character, yes, she is alive. There is a
>new adversary, the Stalkers. It ends with Breen's voice.
> There aren't any major graphics changes in the teaser but maybe there
>will be a HDR option when it comes out.

i wasn't impressed by it.. dark too, maybe Valve decided to do a 'Doom
3'

x-no-archive: yes

Blig Merk wrote:

<snip>

not trying to clash only cause someone makes more money than
me but i just wonder... do you like steam so much cause its a
way of making pc games only for rich people like yourself?

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> not trying to clash only cause someone makes more money than
> me but i just wonder... do you like steam so much cause its a
> way of making pc games only for rich people like yourself?

I don't follow - anyone can buy a HL2 box from a shop for the normal retail
price at *most*, and more likely at a discounted rate by this point in time.
In what way do you have to be 'rich' to use games maintained or delivered
via Steam?

Blig Merk wrote:
> It ends with Breen's voice.

Are you sure about that? It sounds more like an annoyed G-Man to me...

"GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Blig Merk wrote:
> > It ends with Breen's voice.
>
> Are you sure about that? It sounds more like an annoyed G-Man to me...

I assumed it was the G-Man at first, but it doesn't quite have the varying
tone that characterises his speech in HL2.

GFree <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in news:42fb0687_1@news.iprimus.com.au:

> Blig Merk wrote:
>> It ends with Breen's voice.
>
> Are you sure about that? It sounds more like an annoyed G-Man to me...

I don't think it sounds like either of them, definately not the g-man, i
don't think that character would get angry, breen possibly but i'm not so
sure

Stone Monkey thought about it a bit, then said...
> GFree <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in news:42fb0687_1@news.iprimus.com.au:
>
> > Blig Merk wrote:
> >> It ends with Breen's voice.
> >
> > Are you sure about that? It sounds more like an annoyed G-Man to me...
>
> I don't think it sounds like either of them, definately not the g-man, i
> don't think that character would get angry, breen possibly but i'm not so
> sure

Sure sounded like G-man to me.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

x-no-archive: yes

Sam Jones wrote:

<snip>

first steam is a internet based distribution system
so what is present in retail is an ABERRATION which
i will not even consider
so the mandatory requirements to buy/play/patch a
steam infected game are
.. requiring internet to buy
.. requiring credit card to buy
.. requiring a high speed broadband type internet
.. requiring no download limits type internet
.. requiring flat rate type internet
.. requiring a dvd recorder to backup your game
all of these are expensive requirements which most of
the normal budget pc gamers don't have

adding to this is a system that promotes monopoly so
it basically kills competition in the market place
killing competition equals fixed high pricing which
is what you currently see

also the "episodic" model for pc games will make each
title more expensive and overall its the all pay per
view system applied to pc games that will turn it into
a much more expensive entertainment

all these make steam infected games more expensive to
buy play or patch than the current system we are all
used to
valve does all this on purpose so they can create a
customer based on high income rich pc gamers leaving
the low income budget ones out
this is a fact
but why they want it? its very simple even with way
fewer customers valve prefers this cause they will
have no problem raising even more prices and putting
other types of requirements in the future
with customers than don't mind spending more valve
has the freedom to really do whatever they want

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

x-no-archive: yes

Highlandish wrote:

<snip>

not correct
vivendi gave up and abandon distribution of valve games by
themselves
it was their own decision... why?
cause they don't want to be part of a disgusting lie and a
product clearly against consumer rights

it was no coincidence ea immediately step forward to take up
vivendi's place cause ea has the same monopolistic arrogant
tendency valve has
valve and ea are truly "soul mates" so they "falling in love"
was very predictable

--

Quoth The Raven "Sam Jones" <sam.j.jones@spamnull.logicacmg.com> in
1123770165.35545@ernani.logica.co.uk
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> not trying to clash only cause someone makes more money than
>> me but i just wonder... do you like steam so much cause its a
>> way of making pc games only for rich people like yourself?
>
> I don't follow - anyone can buy a HL2 box from a shop for the normal
> retail price at *most*, and more likely at a discounted rate by this
> point in time. In what way do you have to be 'rich' to use games
> maintained or delivered via Steam?

just a correction here, valve won a suite that states VUG can no longer sell
boxed copies of the game after august

--
I handed my wife a glass of scotch the other night, and she spat it
out, saying how can you drink that stuff, I replied "and you think I'm

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

shawk

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Highlandish wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> not correct
> vivendi gave up and abandon distribution of valve games by
> themselves

Do you possess no ability to research facts? Valve and Vivendi settled the
case with Vlave the clear winner keeping their intellectual property rights
and becoming independent of distributors. They were then free to set up a
deal with EA on more favourable terms

Here's one of many articles you could find if you took your head out of your
arse

http://pc.ign.com/articles/608/608600p1.html

Quoth The Raven "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> in
1123833440.782037.49430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Highlandish wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> not correct
> vivendi gave up and abandon distribution of valve games by
> themselves
> it was their own decision... why?
> cause they don't want to be part of a disgusting lie and a
> product clearly against consumer rights
>
> it was no coincidence ea immediately step forward to take up
> vivendi's place cause ea has the same monopolistic arrogant
> tendency valve has
> valve and ea are truly "soul mates" so they "falling in love"
> was very predictable

i dont have a quotable source, but i read it in a pc trade magazine

--
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me