  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
Share
August 13, 2004 9:04:10 PM

Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks on
it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed. I've had
mine two weeks and this is happening. What's with this? Is MOTO aware of
this?
---
TJ

More about : v600 problem

August 14, 2004 4:57:49 AM

It happened to mine as well. So, I went to Staples and bought screen
protectors for my iPaq and cut some of them to fit my v600. This is not an
ideal solution, but at least the phone is not getting ruined.

"TJ" <tj@home.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks
on
> it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed. I've
had
> mine two weeks and this is happening. What's with this? Is MOTO aware of
> this?
> ---
> TJ
August 14, 2004 4:57:50 AM

Thanks for the idea.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:57:49 GMT, "SJS" <sjs_99@excite.com> wrote:

>It happened to mine as well. So, I went to Staples and bought screen
>protectors for my iPaq and cut some of them to fit my v600. This is not an
>ideal solution, but at least the phone is not getting ruined.
>
>"TJ" <tj@home.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks
>on
>> it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed. I've
>had
>> mine two weeks and this is happening. What's with this? Is MOTO aware of
>> this?
>> ---
>> TJ

---
TJ
August 14, 2004 6:28:23 AM

"TJ" <tj@home.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks
on
> it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed. I've
had
> mine two weeks and this is happening. What's with this? Is MOTO aware of
> this?
> ---
> TJ

I saw screen polish on eBay a while back and used some of it on my R380,
looked good as new, dunno if you can get it elsewhere though

AO
August 14, 2004 6:28:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:28:23 +0100, "Ancient One"
<AncientOne@destroyjaimito.com> wrote:

>"TJ" <tj@home.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks
>on
>> it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed. I've
>had
>> mine two weeks and this is happening. What's with this? Is MOTO aware of
>> this?
>> ---
>> TJ
>
>I saw screen polish on eBay a while back and used some of it on my R380,
>looked good as new, dunno if you can get it elsewhere though
>
>AO

---
TJ
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 5:19:19 PM

<Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks on
it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed>

I just got my phone this week and I noticed a mark in the lower left-hand
corner of the screen! Could you please tell me if that is where your phone
shows a contact mark? At first I thought it was the pixels going bad which
didn't make sense - I changed the screen color which didn't help. Have you
ever heard of Nevr-Dull advertised to clean and polish all metals? I was
told it worked great for taking scratches out of plastic but not sure if it
would work in this case - at least I am too chicken to try it on the screen
but it might work for future scratches on the case. DonnaB
August 14, 2004 5:19:20 PM

You have to look at what might be contacting the screen when you close it.
Might be hitting a key like others have found. I started to see the
horizontal marks from the chrome part of the keys. I checked with the two
guys at AT&T who also have the V600s. Theirs are doing the same thing and
have really bad marks on the screen. I noticed my screen marked up from
contacting the keys after only two weeks of use. I wanted a flip phone to
protect the screen. What a waste. I am tempted to return it.

Why don't you go back and get a different one if you've only had it a week.

Don't know anything about the Nevr-Dull. Might be to harsh for plastics.
Might want to try it on something else plastic first.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:19:19 GMT, "Donna Becker" <dbecker5@cinci.rr.com>
wrote:

><Has anyone noticed how after a short while, the screen has contact marks on
>it from the keys contacting the screen while the phone is closed>
>
>I just got my phone this week and I noticed a mark in the lower left-hand
>corner of the screen! Could you please tell me if that is where your phone
>shows a contact mark? At first I thought it was the pixels going bad which
>didn't make sense - I changed the screen color which didn't help. Have you
>ever heard of Nevr-Dull advertised to clean and polish all metals? I was
>told it worked great for taking scratches out of plastic but not sure if it
>would work in this case - at least I am too chicken to try it on the screen
>but it might work for future scratches on the case. DonnaB

---
TJ
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 11:22:46 AM

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.motorola
* Reply to: All; "TJ" <tj@home.com>
* Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:18:58 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Re: V600 Problem

T>You have to look at what might be contacting the screen when you
T>close it.
T>Might be hitting a key like others have found. I started to see
T>the horizontal marks from the chrome part of the keys. I checked
T>with the two guys at AT&T who also have the V600s. Theirs are
T>doing the same thing and have really bad marks on the screen. I
T>noticed my screen marked up from contacting the keys after only
T>two weeks of use. I wanted a flip phone to protect the screen.
T>What a waste. I am tempted to return it.

T>Why don't you go back and get a different one if you've only had
T>it a week.

T>Don't know anything about the Nevr-Dull. Might be to harsh for
T>plastics.
T>Might want to try it on something else plastic first.

I went to the local K-Mart and found a nice case for my T720 phones that
has a transparent screen protector built in. Might try looking for
something similar for your V600. Cost was only about $6 or $7US.
--
Jack
August 15, 2004 11:22:47 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:22:46 -0500, "Jack D. Russell, Sr."
<jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote:

>* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
>* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.motorola
>* Reply to: All; "TJ" <tj@home.com>
>* Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:18:58 -0500 GMT
>* Subj: Re: V600 Problem
>
> T>You have to look at what might be contacting the screen when you
>T>close it.
>T>Might be hitting a key like others have found. I started to see
>T>the horizontal marks from the chrome part of the keys. I checked
>T>with the two guys at AT&T who also have the V600s. Theirs are
>T>doing the same thing and have really bad marks on the screen. I
>T>noticed my screen marked up from contacting the keys after only
>T>two weeks of use. I wanted a flip phone to protect the screen.
>T>What a waste. I am tempted to return it.
>
>T>Why don't you go back and get a different one if you've only had
>T>it a week.
>
>T>Don't know anything about the Nevr-Dull. Might be to harsh for
>T>plastics.
>T>Might want to try it on something else plastic first.
>
>I went to the local K-Mart and found a nice case for my T720 phones that
>has a transparent screen protector built in. Might try looking for
>something similar for your V600. Cost was only about $6 or $7US.

---
TJ
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 1:19:12 PM

* Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:17:41 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Re: V600 Problem

T>Thanks for the suggestion.

T>On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:22:46 -0500, "Jack D. Russell, Sr."
T><jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote:

>>I went to the local K-Mart and found a nice case for my T720 phones
>>that has a transparent screen protector built in. Might try looking
>>for something similar for your V600. Cost was only about $6 or
>>$7US.

You're welcome. ;)
--
Jack