Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What WiFi Reciever?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 29, 2012 1:58:22 AM

Hello, I'm build a PC soon and need to connect via WiFi (no Ethernet in the room I'm putting it in). I was wondering if I should get the Netgear WNCE2001 or a PCI card. So far, my money is on PCI card, as I'll be able to connect in other places with no Ethernet. Any reccomendations?

More about : wifi reciever

Best solution

August 29, 2012 4:14:17 PM

All depends if you want to open your machine and insert cards. The advantage of the internal card is that you do all your configuration on the PC. The netgear is a bridge so you do the wireless config on the netgear and the rest of the network on the PC.

I would do neither. Get a USB wireless card. You get all the advantages of the PCI card but don't have to put things inside your machine. They tend to be much cheaper. Many times you don't even have to load drivers, windows will just detect it and it works.
August 30, 2012 9:13:16 AM

Best answer selected by ThisIsAnAccount.