shortcake122162

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hello, I have DSL and I want to extend the range of my internet from my trailor to my daughters who lives next door,she can pick it up if she is out side at the end of the trailor but if she goes inside she loses it.Is there some kind of booster that I can get so she can get inside her trailor.Thank you

Mostly no. Anything that would actual increase the power output of your router is illegal.

All depends how much money you want to spend.

The best way to do this would be to use a outdoor AP with direction antenna on both ends. Search for "bullet wireless" . These are the cheapest units I have seen that work well.

The other option would be to place a wireless router in her house that has the ability to use external antenna. You could then place a antenna outside where it could get the signal and run the cable inside.

In either case this is not a beginner project since you really have to understand how wireless works and what it means to set a router into bridge mode.

... a second though if it really does get good signal outside you can use the trick of putting a USB wireless modem on the end of a USB extension cable and run it out a window. Note these are not really designed to get wet but cost less than $10.