How do I copy my NOLF 1 disks?

I copied the NOLF 2 disks properly and am using my copies
to play while the real ones stay safe in the box.

But for the life of me I can't seem to get a handle on copying the
first game. It plays fine if I use the disks but whenever I try to
copy them I keep getting bad sectors while trying to read the
first Disk.

I am using Alcohol 120% as well as Clone CD with no result
so far on this particular game.

John
3 answers Last reply
More about copy nolf disks

    "Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > I copied the NOLF 2 disks properly and am using my copies
    > to play while the real ones stay safe in the box.
    >
    > But for the life of me I can't seem to get a handle on copying the
    > first game. It plays fine if I use the disks but whenever I try to
    > copy them I keep getting bad sectors while trying to read the
    > first Disk.
    >
    > I am using Alcohol 120% as well as Clone CD with no result
    > so far on this particular game.
    >

    > John

    Since NOLF is an older game it may be using SafeDisc 1. The bad sectors are
    intentionally placed there as part of the protection scheme so it's normal
    to see read errors. As long as your burning software is setup to reproduce
    the bad sectors (Alcohol should have a preset for this), it will work fine.
    I haven't used CloneCD in a while but it works too, just turn on Fast Error
    Skip so you don't waste a bunch of time trying to re-read those sectors.

    Kissing Lettuce wrote:

    x-no-archive: yes

    do you know a manufactured cd will out live you and last
    easily more than one hundred year
    so why do you want to backup a cd which is so reliable?
    do you give the copies you make to others?
    do you know copying your own pc game titles to give away
    to others is piracy which is making pc game sales going
    down year after year and taking essential profits from
    developers
    how do you except a developer to continue making games
    if you don't respect them and you steal their work?
    i really don't believe you made copies just to be able
    to play for you cause if you did you would only make a
    copy of one cd the playing cd, the one used to play but
    instead you made them both so clearly you have other
    intentions
    every time you pirate a game you are damaging me and
    every single pc gamer in this group so don't expect us
    to tolerate any activities that do harm pc games
    don't copy your own pc game titles to give to others!
    nolf is a classic title still available to buy in stores
    with a great low price
    if a friend wants to play the game help him buy it!
    stop piracy! protect pc games!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    "Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    >I copied the NOLF 2 disks properly and am using my copies
    > to play while the real ones stay safe in the box.
    >
    > But for the life of me I can't seem to get a handle on copying the
    > first game. It plays fine if I use the disks but whenever I try to
    > copy them I keep getting bad sectors while trying to read the
    > first Disk.
    >
    > I am using Alcohol 120% as well as Clone CD with no result
    > so far on this particular game.

    Safedisk-infected discs will show up as errors. I can't speak for Alcohol
    but CloneCD will copy them. I've copied several over the years and they come
    out 1:1.

    You can also just do a file copy and use a no-CD crack.

PC gaming Games IBM CD-Rom Video Games