Rainbow Six Lockdown

Hello guys, just heard there's a new RS game coming our way in
September called "Lockdown" and I played all of the previous ones so
I'm excited especially if there's improvements.

I'm playing a little bit of Raven Shield right now and perhaps the last
time I played it was before Splinter Cell came around but truth be told
I'm in the "Argentinian meat packing" mission and this mission sorely
lacks night vision gogles I never noticed it before but after tasting
SC's nightvision it's tough going back to RS without such luxuries.

Raven shield came out in early 2003 and this new RS game comes out 2,5
years later so can we expect a new and improved graphics engine?

Any idea if this game will have night or heat vision?

Any words on the weapons? I assume more will be available.

People always bitch that it wouldn't be right to put weapon X or Y into
the game because it's not reallistic for these sort of Special Ops
teams but it would be fun to have:

Smith & Wesson 29
Colt Python
Mac 10
Sig Sauer P226
Glock17
Browning Highpower
Colt 1911
AR-18
Beretta AR70
Heckler Koch G11
Heckler Koch G3 SG/1
M40A2
MM-1
Etc, etc, etc.

The choice of pistols and revolvers in Raven Shield is particularly
short.

Even a nice dagger to slash throats from behind would be realistic for
this sort of game, it's not like I'm asking for flamethrowers, Bazookas
or Atomic Annie.

André

Rocky

Yes, it is a new game engine. People who have seen it says it is akin to HL2
quality.

New realistic night and heat vision included.

Lockdown Dev QA at
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/5861008442/m/4371097023/r/9551085823#9551085823

Movie at 1up.com http://rainbowsixlockdown.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3142000

Realism feature
ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/rainbowsixlockdown/videos/RSLockdown_realism.zip

--
Rocky
GhostRecon.net | AGR-S.com | Tactical-Elite.net

__

Toby

On 2005-08-15, homem-da-natureza@hotmail.com <homem-da-natureza@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys, just heard there's a new RS game coming our way in
> September called "Lockdown" and I played all of the previous ones so
> I'm excited especially if there's improvements.
>
> I'm playing a little bit of Raven Shield right now and perhaps the last
> time I played it was before Splinter Cell came around but truth be told
> I'm in the "Argentinian meat packing" mission and this mission sorely
> lacks night vision gogles I never noticed it before but after tasting
> SC's nightvision it's tough going back to RS without such luxuries.

I thought I remembered night vision in Raven Shield. I remember crawling
around in some veal pens in the dark, and seeing my co-op buddies glowing.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.