No connection with Netfront, Clie Th55 and Sony Ericsson T..

May 17, 2004 7:17:38 AM

I am working wit the following configuration:
* Palm: Sony Clie TH55 with Bluetooth (BT), Infrared (IR) and WLAN
* Mobile: Sony Ericsson T610i with BT, IR over GSM, GPRS, HSCSD

I can´t make a connection to internet with BT AND GPRS. It is possible
with BT and GSM, IR and GPRS, WLAN but not with BT and GPRS. Do you
know a workarround? Is it an error od my T610 or of my TH55?

Attached you find the protocols of 4 tests with Bluetooth (BT) and
Infrared (IR) each time with automatic DNS and without. A connection
to internet or to my Mail-POP was not possible by test 1+3 (BT), test
2+4 (IR) works perfect.

My login informations to the Vodafone-GPRS-Network are:
APS-Adress: web.vodafone.de
Username: empty
Paßword: empty
IP-Adress: automatic
DNS-Adress: automatic OR 139.7.30.125

This profile (CID=3) works fine with the internal POP of my
Sony-Ericsson T610 AND also fine with the same Connection with IR
instead of BT!!

1.) Connection protocol D2 GPRS with BT
with DNS 139.7.30.125 and 139.7.30.126

S: AT+CGDCONT=3,"IP",
S: "web.vodafone.de",0.0.0.0,0,0
S: ^M
S: ATD*99***3#
S: ^M
LCP->CfgReq
LCP->CfgReq
LCP<-CfgReq
LCP->CfgAck
LCP<-CfgAck
LCP Up
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgReq
IPCP->CfgRej
IPCP<-CfgRej
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgReq
IPCP->CfgAck
IPCP<-CfgAck
IPCP Up

Name des Dienstes: D2 GPRS BT
Lokale IP-Adresse: 0.0.0.0
Gateway-Adresse: 0.0.0.0
DNS-Adressen: 139.7.30.125
139.7.30.125

2.) Connection protocol D2 GPRS with IR
with DNS 139.7.30.125 and 139.7.30.126

S: AT+CGDCONT=3,"IP",
S: "web.vodafone.de",0.0.0.0,0,0
S: ^M
S: ATD*99***3#
S: ^M
LCP->CfgReq
LCP->CfgReq
LCP<-CfgReq
LCP->CfgAck
LCP<-CfgAck
LCP Up
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgReq
IPCP->CfgAck
IPCP<-CfgRej
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgNak
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgAck
IPCP Up

Name des Dienstes: D2 GPRS IR
Lokale IP-Adresse: 10.226.167.175
Gateway-Adresse: 10.226.128.1
DNS-Adressen: 139.7.30.125
139.7.30.126

3.) Connection protocol D2 GPRS with BT
with automatic DNS

S: AT+CGDCONT=3,"IP",
S: "web.vodafone.de",0.0.0.0,0,0
S: ^M
S: ATD*99***3#
S: ^M
LCP->CfgReq
LCP->CfgReq
LCP<-CfgReq
LCP->CfgAck
LCP<-CfgAck
LCP Up
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgReq
IPCP->CfgRej
IPCP<-CfgRej
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgReq
IPCP->CfgAck
IPCP<-CfgAck
IPCP Up

Name des Dienstes: D2 GPRS BT
Lokale IP-Adresse: 0.0.0.0
Gateway-Adresse: 0.0.0.0
DNS-Adressen:

4.) Connection protocol D2 GPRS with IR
with automatic DNS

S: AT+CGDCONT=3,"IP",
S: "web.vodafone.de",0.0.0.0,0,0
S: ^M
S: ATD*99***3#
S: ^M
LCP->CfgReq
LCP->CfgReq
LCP<-CfgReq
LCP->CfgAck
LCP<-CfgAck
LCP Up
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgReq
IPCP->CfgAck
IPCP<-CfgRej
IPCP->CfgReq
IPCP<-CfgAck
IPCP Up

Name des Dienstes: D2 GPRS IR
Lokale IP-Adresse: 0.0.0.0
Gateway-Adresse: 0.0.0.0
DNS-Adressen:

I hope my english was not too bad and thank you for future help :-)
Jörg Schmidt-Korth
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 9:39:56 AM

I am not sure I fully understand your configurations but since IR worked and
BT didn't is it possible that you need to insert time delays when using BT?
I would think that BT is faster than IR, but maybe that's not true? My
cellular provider, ATT Wireless, doesn't support dialing up my home internet
provider. I must dial up ATT and connect through their network. It's a pain,
but it does work with BT for me. (I have a Palm T3, Sony-Ericsson T68i and
ATT Wireless)

Cheers
TC

!