Please ID an old game for me...

A vague memory of a computer game I once played suddenly sprang to
mind. Can anyone ID it?

All I remember is that part of it involved you selecting from different
types of weapons to destroy what I **think** were aliens, though
could've been buildings for all I can remember. You could choose
between different types of ammunition, which included incendiary and
explosive.

I remember a vertical listing on the screen containing pictures of
various types of missles/ammo and you had to choose one.

You also had to equip parts of your body with different items, like
weapons and tools. There were movement sensors etc and you could drag
and drop them to a visual diagram of a human body.

I also remember you could choose between different types of shot with
varying degress of accuracy, with the most accurate taking up more than
one turn. It is also a turn-based game.

I remember it being a 3d-platformer with an top-down isometric view.

Any ideas?

This is going back a bit, but not THAT long ago. Maybe 10 years?

newsgroupsKILLSPAM@rudicheow.com wrote:
> A vague memory of a computer game I once played suddenly sprang to
> mind. Can anyone ID it?

Sounds like MechCommander.

Or Pooyan.

> Bzzt. UFO: Enemy Unknown (of the sequel - X-Com).

That's the one - thanks so much!

Time to indulge in some nostalgia. :)

nostromo

Thus spake "Mister Hand" <mister-hand@hotmail.com>, 16 Aug 2005 13:42:03
-0700, Anno Domini:

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

newsgroupsKILLSPAM@rudicheow.com wrote:

>> Bzzt. UFO: Enemy Unknown (of the sequel - X-Com).
>>

>That's the one - thanks so much!
>
>Time to indulge in some nostalgia. :)

Man he made it hard to spot that. Vertical list? Blowing up buildings?
Platformer?

Bateau wrote:
> newsgroupsKILLSPAM@rudicheow.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Bzzt. UFO: Enemy Unknown (of the sequel - X-Com).
>>>

>> That's the one - thanks so much!
>
> Man he made it hard to spot that.
> Vertical list?

Pretty much, yes.

> Blowing up buildings?

Are you actually disputing that?!?

>Platformer?

Now *THAT* I havent the foggiest idea what he was talking about.

"BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> wrote:
>Bateau wrote:

>>> That's the one - thanks so much!
>>
>> Man he made it hard to spot that.
>> Vertical list?
>
>Pretty much, yes.

Horizontal is the opposite of vertical.

>> Blowing up buildings?
>
>Are you actually disputing that?!?

Yes. You can blow up walls but the building never comes down.

In article <N2xNe.16895$%w.16415@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
notmyre@laddress.com says...

>>Platformer?
>
>Now *THAT* I havent the foggiest idea what he was talking about.

Well. There were multiple levels on each map...roofs and floors and
stuff could be considered platforms.

-Tim

TRENDING THREADS