Motorola v710

Last response: in Brands
August 18, 2004 4:01:40 AM

Anyone using this phone? Verizon is offering it as a Bluetooth phone and its
the only one available.

More about : motorola v710

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 1:03:39 PM

STAY AWAY from it. It is not a good phone *YET*.

Bluetooth is crippled, volume in the earpiece is very low and the camera's
appear to be installed crooked and take off kilter pics. I would hold off
on getting this phone...I took mine back the same day I got it because of
the above mentioned bugs.

"Tonyny44" <tonyny44@aol.com> wrote in message
> Anyone using this phone? Verizon is offering it as a Bluetooth phone and
its
> the only one available.
August 19, 2004 3:46:10 AM

tonyny44@aol.com (Tonyny44) wrote in

> Anyone using this phone? Verizon is offering it as a Bluetooth phone
> and its the only one available.

I've had it 1 week and like it! It replaced my Startac (which is not an
easy phone to happily replace)-
Pros: Excellent reception, voice quality, speakerphone
Lots of "fun" features; camera overall is good (outside pics very good &
inside pics fair);
Have not yet used bluetooth ... a software upgrade is supposed to be
released to correct current bluetooth issues;

If you're looking for a very good *phone*, give it a try!
August 19, 2004 6:26:02 PM

I just got mine. I haven't found ANY of these problems. I use a Jabra
BT200 bluetooth headset with it and it works flawlessly, including more
volume than I can tolerate (and I play music REAL loud- ask my wife).

So far, I am more excited about this phone than I thought I would be (and
I'm not interested in a camera phone, but I do want to add that, in my phone
at least, the pictures frame and shoot correctly - maybe I got one with the
"fixes" already?).

The voice recognition system, in conjunction with the bluetooth headset, is
a real exciting piece of technology. I can wear my phone on my belt clip
even while driving and make and receive calls without touching the phone.

Perhaps production of these is inconsistent, but, mine at least, is working
just fine.

I do have one minor complaint. I set up a "Banner". It does not always
appear on the screen where it should be. I'd bet I'll figure it out after
awhile.

Try one out. You can always return it like Edgar did if you think I'm wrong
and he's right.

"Edgar" <edgar@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> STAY AWAY from it. It is not a good phone *YET*.
>
> Bluetooth is crippled, volume in the earpiece is very low and the camera's
> appear to be installed crooked and take off kilter pics. I would hold off
> on getting this phone...I took mine back the same day I got it because of
> the above mentioned bugs.
>
> "Tonyny44" <tonyny44@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone using this phone? Verizon is offering it as a Bluetooth phone and
> its
> > the only one available.

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 4:48:51 PM

>Have not yet used bluetooth ... a software upgrade is supposed to be
>released to correct current bluetooth issues;

Got it and it works like a charm. Works seemless with the Chrysler u connect.
Of course the dopes at Verizon charged me for 2 phones when I only ordered 1,
but the phone itself is great.
!