Borrowed ROE from my friend, but the FEAR demo is more fun

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2005 12:09:23 PM

Doom3 really was a letdown. The shitty AI and utter lack of creativity in
level design are just painful. I loaded up ROE played thru the first end
boss and then just got completely bored. The FEAR demo OTOH is much more
interesting because the AI seems to respond to you rather than just acting
as bullet sponges. Doom3 and ROE can't touch the FEAR demo w/a ten foot
flashlight (as Hami would say).

--
there is no .sig
Anonymous

x-no-archive: yes

Doug wrote:

<snip description about how this thing borrow a commercial
game from a friend and illegally play without paying>

this is obviously to provoke us
you dare coming to this group and shouting out load about you
stealing from the hard honest working developers doing games
you mister you pay for the games you play!
you play doom 3 expansion so you PAY for it!
i don't care if you like it or not
i don't care if you only played one level or whatever
listen to me, you don't pay for a game cause you like it or
not or cause you only finished one level! you PAY FOR A GAME
SIMPLY CAUSE YOU PLAY!
put this is your head YOU PLAY = YOU PAY! its that simple
borrowing lending or illegally copying to give to others is
damaging pc game sales and taking away the deserving profits
from developers!
stop damaging pc games right now! STOP IT!
and you have no excuse doom 3 has a DEMO! you play the demo
to test it! you read reviews! you talk to other gamers about
the game but you don't use the commercial versions to test it
cause if you play a commercial version you MUST PAY FOR IT!

and it's even worse you doing this to id, id is a friendly
giving developer that has given more to pc games than any
other developers ever did or will ever do
you insulting id you are insulting us all!
and the price of doom 3 expansion has lower bellow the 15
bucks range and probably you can get it from as low as 9
bucks
so tell me what is your excuse to pirate a 9 bucks game!
tell us all what is your excuse!

but you are not only to blame, your friend is to blame and
also every single pc gamer in this group WITNISSING this and
REMAINING SILENT is also an accomplice to a crime and is also
to blame for this kind of piracy killing pc games!

fight against piracy in pc games!
defend and protect your favorite hobby!
long live pc games piracy free!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Doug wrote:
> I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
> was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.

It is legal. Steam killer is just being a jackass as usual. The
important thing is that you can't both be playing it on a single copy
of the game. So if your friend installed a no-cd crack and then loaned
you the discs so you could do the same, that would be piracy.

Knight37
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:09:50 PM

Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com>, 19 Aug 2005 12:18:33 -0700,
> Anno Domini:
>

> >Doug wrote:
> >> I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
> >> was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.
> >
> >It is legal. Steam killer is just being a jackass as usual. The
> >important thing is that you can't both be playing it on a single copy
> >of the game. So if your friend installed a no-cd crack and then loaned
> >you the discs so you could do the same, that would be piracy.
> >
> >Knight37
>
> Don't most EULA's go a bit further K, in that you can't have 2 versions even
> installed on 2 machines at the same time...?

I'm sure there's something in most EULAs that say if you pass the game
on second hand you are obligated to uninstall it. But EULA's are not
laws, remember. The point is, if you're both playing it, it's illegal.
If your friend loaned it to you and he's not playing it, you're legal.
I really don't think whether it's installed are not is the important
thing, it's whether or not 2 people are playing the game on one copy or
just one. This is no different than selling used. If the person selling
used keeps a copy of the game, even if it's just installed and playable
via a no-cd crack, he's breaking the law.

Knight37
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:38:16 PM

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Doug wrote:
>
> <snip description about how this thing borrow a commercial
> game from a friend and illegally play without paying>
>
> this is obviously to provoke us
> you dare coming to this group and shouting out load about you
> stealing from the hard honest working developers doing games
> you mister you pay for the games you play!
> you play doom 3 expansion so you PAY for it!
> i don't care if you like it or not
> i don't care if you only played one level or whatever
> listen to me, you don't pay for a game cause you like it or
> not or cause you only finished one level! you PAY FOR A GAME
> SIMPLY CAUSE YOU PLAY!
> put this is your head YOU PLAY = YOU PAY! its that simple
> borrowing lending or illegally copying to give to others is
> damaging pc game sales and taking away the deserving profits
> from developers!
> stop damaging pc games right now! STOP IT!
> and you have no excuse doom 3 has a DEMO! you play the demo
> to test it! you read reviews! you talk to other gamers about
> the game but you don't use the commercial versions to test it
> cause if you play a commercial version you MUST PAY FOR IT!
>
> and it's even worse you doing this to id, id is a friendly
> giving developer that has given more to pc games than any
> other developers ever did or will ever do
> you insulting id you are insulting us all!
> and the price of doom 3 expansion has lower bellow the 15
> bucks range and probably you can get it from as low as 9
> bucks
> so tell me what is your excuse to pirate a 9 bucks game!
> tell us all what is your excuse!
>
> but you are not only to blame, your friend is to blame and
> also every single pc gamer in this group WITNISSING this and
> REMAINING SILENT is also an accomplice to a crime and is also
> to blame for this kind of piracy killing pc games!
>
> fight against piracy in pc games!
> defend and protect your favorite hobby!
> long live pc games piracy free!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

August 19, 2005 9:38:17 PM

> I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
> was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.

Have him sell it to you for a penny. Or trade a beer for it.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 3:09:41 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Doug wrote:

<snip>

please just for a moment forget about legality ok
you like pc games don't you?
so if you like pc games and you still want to play then in year
to come forget for a moment about legality, can you please do
that? thank you

until now 2005 has proven the following in pc games
.. sales continue to decline when in other platforms they are up
.. piracy is still an enormous problem taking away profits from
developers
.. its evident there has been less releases than in previous years
.. its evident the quality of this years releases are much weaker
that in previous years
.. we frequently read in the news about developers shutting down or
titles being delayed or even canceled
.. all this shows obvious signs of decline in pc games

fewer releases, less quality, less innovation, lower sales, lower
profits, more piracy, developers closing or leaving the pc

now let me ask you this, knowing that borrowing and lending titles
takes away profits from developers and that profit is the key of
this industry and the lack of profits are the causes of every bad
thing happening do you still want to lend/borrow pc game titles?

if every pc gamer did like you, lend or borrowed from his friend
developers lost at least 50% of sales 50% of profits
how to you except developers to survive and stay in business with
this?
and probably its even worse cause your friend didn't lend only to
you but probably to all his friends so the lost in profits is even
bigger

do you understand what the cut in sales and profits means?
and you talk about fear... will you do the same with fear? will
you also play it without paying? will you also play a borrowed
copy?
so if you will not pay to play fear who will pay?
don't you understand someone has to pay cause fear represents
years of hard work!
someone has to pay for the pc games created!
and if fear is not profitable do you expect its developers to
create more games in the future knowing it doesn't give a profit?

but you still don't want to pay right?
so my question to you is very simple WHO WILL PAY?
please explain to us all who will pay for developers making pc
games
who will pay for fear?
also explain to us how do you think the pc game industry can
exist if its not profitable
please explain to us this two simple questions
who pays for the pc games created
and do you expect the pc game industry to exist without profits

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
August 20, 2005 9:59:17 AM

Thus spake "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com>, 19 Aug 2005 12:18:33 -0700,
Anno Domini:

>Doug wrote:
>> I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
>> was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.
>
>It is legal. Steam killer is just being a jackass as usual. The
>important thing is that you can't both be playing it on a single copy
>of the game. So if your friend installed a no-cd crack and then loaned
>you the discs so you could do the same, that would be piracy.
>
>Knight37

Don't most EULA's go a bit further K, in that you can't have 2 versions even
installed on 2 machines at the same time...?

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

August 21, 2005 10:44:20 AM

Well, you could always buy it for me SteamKILLER. I always accept gifts.

--
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Doug wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> please just for a moment forget about legality ok
> you like pc games don't you?
> so if you like pc games and you still want to play then in year
> to come forget for a moment about legality, can you please do
> that? thank you
>
> until now 2005 has proven the following in pc games
> . sales continue to decline when in other platforms they are up
> . piracy is still an enormous problem taking away profits from
> developers
> . its evident there has been less releases than in previous years
> . its evident the quality of this years releases are much weaker
> that in previous years
> . we frequently read in the news about developers shutting down or
> titles being delayed or even canceled
> . all this shows obvious signs of decline in pc games
>
> fewer releases, less quality, less innovation, lower sales, lower
> profits, more piracy, developers closing or leaving the pc
>
> now let me ask you this, knowing that borrowing and lending titles
> takes away profits from developers and that profit is the key of
> this industry and the lack of profits are the causes of every bad
> thing happening do you still want to lend/borrow pc game titles?
>
> if every pc gamer did like you, lend or borrowed from his friend
> developers lost at least 50% of sales 50% of profits
> how to you except developers to survive and stay in business with
> this?
> and probably its even worse cause your friend didn't lend only to
> you but probably to all his friends so the lost in profits is even
> bigger
>
> do you understand what the cut in sales and profits means?
> and you talk about fear... will you do the same with fear? will
> you also play it without paying? will you also play a borrowed
> copy?
> so if you will not pay to play fear who will pay?
> don't you understand someone has to pay cause fear represents
> years of hard work!
> someone has to pay for the pc games created!
> and if fear is not profitable do you expect its developers to
> create more games in the future knowing it doesn't give a profit?
>
> but you still don't want to pay right?
> so my question to you is very simple WHO WILL PAY?
> please explain to us all who will pay for developers making pc
> games
> who will pay for fear?
> also explain to us how do you think the pc game industry can
> exist if its not profitable
> please explain to us this two simple questions
> who pays for the pc games created
> and do you expect the pc game industry to exist without profits
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 2:53:24 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Doug wrote:

<snip>

no problem with that
if you were my friend and your birthday was near fear release
for sure i would decide to be the best gift i could give you
but before that you would have to swear to me you would not
borrow it to anyone!
understand! it would be my pleasure offering you fear but you
had to guaranty me you would be the only one playing it even
if i had to go each week to your house and certified you had
the copy well stored and with everything in place

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:13:04 AM

On 18 Aug 2005 22:13:31 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Doug wrote:
>
><snip description about how this thing borrow a commercial
>game from a friend and illegally play without paying>

That's just wrong. I can loan/borrow books, videos, games, etc. It's
quite legal. Duh on you.

>this is obviously to provoke us

Yes, your post is here just to provoke.
August 22, 2005 1:05:46 PM

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Doug wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> no problem with that
> if you were my friend and your birthday was near fear release
> for sure i would decide to be the best gift i could give you
> but before that you would have to swear to me you would not
> borrow it to anyone!
> understand! it would be my pleasure offering you fear but you
> had to guaranty me you would be the only one playing it even
> if i had to go each week to your house and certified you had
> the copy well stored and with everything in place

*If* you had friends you would go around their houses every week checking to
see (certifying) whether a copy of game they own is well stored and in a
safe place and that they were the only ones able to play it??

That sounds a little intrusive, degrading and humiliating don't you think?
Aren't you mimicking Steam in real life?
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:57:58 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Shawk wrote:

<snip>

the issue is clear and simple
pc game sales and profits are declining
each time you borrow or lend a pc game title you are taking
away sales and profits from developers and publishers
i told Doug to think about this
i now tell you the same
but probably i'm asking the wrong person cause you made it
very clear you don't give a damn about the others which i
think also includes developers and publishers
lending and borrowing damages developers and publishers but
that's none of your business right Shawk and you are here in
life only for yourself so damn everyone else including those
who work hard to create entertainment that give you so much
pleasure

ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
light? and btw i never check any friend for anything but i
do know how to choose a gift for a friend and if i know a
particular friend lends its pc games to others you bet i will
never offer him a pc game as a present

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:59:13 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Brad Isley wrote:

<snip>

what did i told Doug to think about?
i told him pc game industry is facing decline is sales and
decline in profits so i asked him very politely to think
about if he should or not borrow or lend to others pc game
titles with this reality
every time you borrow a pc game title you are taking sales
and profits from developers and publishers
pc games are not at a good moment, some say we are even in
a crisis so you now use your own conscience and think if it
is good and you should lend or borrow pc games titles
again don't use the legality excuse
don't be hypocrite
or you like pc games or not
or you defend pc games or not
or you protect pc games or not
its that simple
but please no more bullshit legal excuses

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
August 23, 2005 1:20:09 PM

> x-no-archive: yes
>

> ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
> intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
> light?

Nope. I said you were.
August 24, 2005 1:18:14 AM

"Shawk" wrote
> "steamKILLER" wrote

>> ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
>> intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
>> light?

> Nope. I said you were.

Busted.
August 24, 2005 2:59:57 AM

"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Shawk" wrote
>> "steamKILLER" wrote
>
>>> ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
>>> intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
>>> light?
>
>> Nope. I said you were.
>
> Busted.

LOL, I guess.