Borrowed ROE from my friend, but the FEAR demo is more fun

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Doom3 really was a letdown. The shitty AI and utter lack of creativity in
level design are just painful. I loaded up ROE played thru the first end
boss and then just got completely bored. The FEAR demo OTOH is much more
interesting because the AI seems to respond to you rather than just acting
as bullet sponges. Doom3 and ROE can't touch the FEAR demo w/a ten foot
flashlight (as Hami would say).

--
there is no .sig
16 answers Last reply
More about borrowed friend fear demo
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Doug wrote:

    <snip description about how this thing borrow a commercial
    game from a friend and illegally play without paying>

    this is obviously to provoke us
    you dare coming to this group and shouting out load about you
    stealing from the hard honest working developers doing games
    you mister you pay for the games you play!
    you play doom 3 expansion so you PAY for it!
    i don't care if you like it or not
    i don't care if you only played one level or whatever
    listen to me, you don't pay for a game cause you like it or
    not or cause you only finished one level! you PAY FOR A GAME
    SIMPLY CAUSE YOU PLAY!
    put this is your head YOU PLAY = YOU PAY! its that simple
    borrowing lending or illegally copying to give to others is
    damaging pc game sales and taking away the deserving profits
    from developers!
    stop damaging pc games right now! STOP IT!
    and you have no excuse doom 3 has a DEMO! you play the demo
    to test it! you read reviews! you talk to other gamers about
    the game but you don't use the commercial versions to test it
    cause if you play a commercial version you MUST PAY FOR IT!

    and it's even worse you doing this to id, id is a friendly
    giving developer that has given more to pc games than any
    other developers ever did or will ever do
    you insulting id you are insulting us all!
    and the price of doom 3 expansion has lower bellow the 15
    bucks range and probably you can get it from as low as 9
    bucks
    so tell me what is your excuse to pirate a 9 bucks game!
    tell us all what is your excuse!

    but you are not only to blame, your friend is to blame and
    also every single pc gamer in this group WITNISSING this and
    REMAINING SILENT is also an accomplice to a crime and is also
    to blame for this kind of piracy killing pc games!

    fight against piracy in pc games!
    defend and protect your favorite hobby!
    long live pc games piracy free!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Doug wrote:
    > I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
    > was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.

    It is legal. Steam killer is just being a jackass as usual. The
    important thing is that you can't both be playing it on a single copy
    of the game. So if your friend installed a no-cd crack and then loaned
    you the discs so you could do the same, that would be piracy.

    Knight37
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Nostromo wrote:
    > Thus spake "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com>, 19 Aug 2005 12:18:33 -0700,
    > Anno Domini:
    >
    > >
    > >Doug wrote:
    > >> I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
    > >> was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.
    > >
    > >It is legal. Steam killer is just being a jackass as usual. The
    > >important thing is that you can't both be playing it on a single copy
    > >of the game. So if your friend installed a no-cd crack and then loaned
    > >you the discs so you could do the same, that would be piracy.
    > >
    > >Knight37
    >
    > Don't most EULA's go a bit further K, in that you can't have 2 versions even
    > installed on 2 machines at the same time...?

    I'm sure there's something in most EULAs that say if you pass the game
    on second hand you are obligated to uninstall it. But EULA's are not
    laws, remember. The point is, if you're both playing it, it's illegal.
    If your friend loaned it to you and he's not playing it, you're legal.
    I really don't think whether it's installed are not is the important
    thing, it's whether or not 2 people are playing the game on one copy or
    just one. This is no different than selling used. If the person selling
    used keeps a copy of the game, even if it's just installed and playable
    via a no-cd crack, he's breaking the law.

    Knight37
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
    was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.

    --
    there is no .sig
    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1124428410.889280.121090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Doug wrote:
    >
    > <snip description about how this thing borrow a commercial
    > game from a friend and illegally play without paying>
    >
    > this is obviously to provoke us
    > you dare coming to this group and shouting out load about you
    > stealing from the hard honest working developers doing games
    > you mister you pay for the games you play!
    > you play doom 3 expansion so you PAY for it!
    > i don't care if you like it or not
    > i don't care if you only played one level or whatever
    > listen to me, you don't pay for a game cause you like it or
    > not or cause you only finished one level! you PAY FOR A GAME
    > SIMPLY CAUSE YOU PLAY!
    > put this is your head YOU PLAY = YOU PAY! its that simple
    > borrowing lending or illegally copying to give to others is
    > damaging pc game sales and taking away the deserving profits
    > from developers!
    > stop damaging pc games right now! STOP IT!
    > and you have no excuse doom 3 has a DEMO! you play the demo
    > to test it! you read reviews! you talk to other gamers about
    > the game but you don't use the commercial versions to test it
    > cause if you play a commercial version you MUST PAY FOR IT!
    >
    > and it's even worse you doing this to id, id is a friendly
    > giving developer that has given more to pc games than any
    > other developers ever did or will ever do
    > you insulting id you are insulting us all!
    > and the price of doom 3 expansion has lower bellow the 15
    > bucks range and probably you can get it from as low as 9
    > bucks
    > so tell me what is your excuse to pirate a 9 bucks game!
    > tell us all what is your excuse!
    >
    > but you are not only to blame, your friend is to blame and
    > also every single pc gamer in this group WITNISSING this and
    > REMAINING SILENT is also an accomplice to a crime and is also
    > to blame for this kind of piracy killing pc games!
    >
    > fight against piracy in pc games!
    > defend and protect your favorite hobby!
    > long live pc games piracy free!
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam
    >
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
    > was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.

    Have him sell it to you for a penny. Or trade a beer for it.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Doug wrote:

    <snip>

    please just for a moment forget about legality ok
    you like pc games don't you?
    so if you like pc games and you still want to play then in year
    to come forget for a moment about legality, can you please do
    that? thank you

    until now 2005 has proven the following in pc games
    .. sales continue to decline when in other platforms they are up
    .. piracy is still an enormous problem taking away profits from
    developers
    .. its evident there has been less releases than in previous years
    .. its evident the quality of this years releases are much weaker
    that in previous years
    .. we frequently read in the news about developers shutting down or
    titles being delayed or even canceled
    .. all this shows obvious signs of decline in pc games

    fewer releases, less quality, less innovation, lower sales, lower
    profits, more piracy, developers closing or leaving the pc

    now let me ask you this, knowing that borrowing and lending titles
    takes away profits from developers and that profit is the key of
    this industry and the lack of profits are the causes of every bad
    thing happening do you still want to lend/borrow pc game titles?

    if every pc gamer did like you, lend or borrowed from his friend
    developers lost at least 50% of sales 50% of profits
    how to you except developers to survive and stay in business with
    this?
    and probably its even worse cause your friend didn't lend only to
    you but probably to all his friends so the lost in profits is even
    bigger

    do you understand what the cut in sales and profits means?
    and you talk about fear... will you do the same with fear? will
    you also play it without paying? will you also play a borrowed
    copy?
    so if you will not pay to play fear who will pay?
    don't you understand someone has to pay cause fear represents
    years of hard work!
    someone has to pay for the pc games created!
    and if fear is not profitable do you expect its developers to
    create more games in the future knowing it doesn't give a profit?

    but you still don't want to pay right?
    so my question to you is very simple WHO WILL PAY?
    please explain to us all who will pay for developers making pc
    games
    who will pay for fear?
    also explain to us how do you think the pc game industry can
    exist if its not profitable
    please explain to us this two simple questions
    who pays for the pc games created
    and do you expect the pc game industry to exist without profits

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com>, 19 Aug 2005 12:18:33 -0700,
    Anno Domini:

    >
    >Doug wrote:
    >> I thought it was legal to borrow/loan video games? It's not like my friend
    >> was playing it anymore -- he uninstalled it weeks ago.
    >
    >It is legal. Steam killer is just being a jackass as usual. The
    >important thing is that you can't both be playing it on a single copy
    >of the game. So if your friend installed a no-cd crack and then loaned
    >you the discs so you could do the same, that would be piracy.
    >
    >Knight37

    Don't most EULA's go a bit further K, in that you can't have 2 versions even
    installed on 2 machines at the same time...?

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Well, you could always buy it for me SteamKILLER. I always accept gifts.

    --
    there is no .sig
    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1124518181.530182.307920@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Doug wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > please just for a moment forget about legality ok
    > you like pc games don't you?
    > so if you like pc games and you still want to play then in year
    > to come forget for a moment about legality, can you please do
    > that? thank you
    >
    > until now 2005 has proven the following in pc games
    > . sales continue to decline when in other platforms they are up
    > . piracy is still an enormous problem taking away profits from
    > developers
    > . its evident there has been less releases than in previous years
    > . its evident the quality of this years releases are much weaker
    > that in previous years
    > . we frequently read in the news about developers shutting down or
    > titles being delayed or even canceled
    > . all this shows obvious signs of decline in pc games
    >
    > fewer releases, less quality, less innovation, lower sales, lower
    > profits, more piracy, developers closing or leaving the pc
    >
    > now let me ask you this, knowing that borrowing and lending titles
    > takes away profits from developers and that profit is the key of
    > this industry and the lack of profits are the causes of every bad
    > thing happening do you still want to lend/borrow pc game titles?
    >
    > if every pc gamer did like you, lend or borrowed from his friend
    > developers lost at least 50% of sales 50% of profits
    > how to you except developers to survive and stay in business with
    > this?
    > and probably its even worse cause your friend didn't lend only to
    > you but probably to all his friends so the lost in profits is even
    > bigger
    >
    > do you understand what the cut in sales and profits means?
    > and you talk about fear... will you do the same with fear? will
    > you also play it without paying? will you also play a borrowed
    > copy?
    > so if you will not pay to play fear who will pay?
    > don't you understand someone has to pay cause fear represents
    > years of hard work!
    > someone has to pay for the pc games created!
    > and if fear is not profitable do you expect its developers to
    > create more games in the future knowing it doesn't give a profit?
    >
    > but you still don't want to pay right?
    > so my question to you is very simple WHO WILL PAY?
    > please explain to us all who will pay for developers making pc
    > games
    > who will pay for fear?
    > also explain to us how do you think the pc game industry can
    > exist if its not profitable
    > please explain to us this two simple questions
    > who pays for the pc games created
    > and do you expect the pc game industry to exist without profits
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam
    >
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Doug wrote:

    <snip>

    no problem with that
    if you were my friend and your birthday was near fear release
    for sure i would decide to be the best gift i could give you
    but before that you would have to swear to me you would not
    borrow it to anyone!
    understand! it would be my pleasure offering you fear but you
    had to guaranty me you would be the only one playing it even
    if i had to go each week to your house and certified you had
    the copy well stored and with everything in place

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On 18 Aug 2005 22:13:31 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >Doug wrote:
    >
    ><snip description about how this thing borrow a commercial
    >game from a friend and illegally play without paying>

    That's just wrong. I can loan/borrow books, videos, games, etc. It's
    quite legal. Duh on you.

    >this is obviously to provoke us

    Yes, your post is here just to provoke.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1124690004.780984.225220@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Doug wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > no problem with that
    > if you were my friend and your birthday was near fear release
    > for sure i would decide to be the best gift i could give you
    > but before that you would have to swear to me you would not
    > borrow it to anyone!
    > understand! it would be my pleasure offering you fear but you
    > had to guaranty me you would be the only one playing it even
    > if i had to go each week to your house and certified you had
    > the copy well stored and with everything in place
    >

    *If* you had friends you would go around their houses every week checking to
    see (certifying) whether a copy of game they own is well stored and in a
    safe place and that they were the only ones able to play it??

    That sounds a little intrusive, degrading and humiliating don't you think?
    Aren't you mimicking Steam in real life?
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Shawk wrote:

    <snip>

    the issue is clear and simple
    pc game sales and profits are declining
    each time you borrow or lend a pc game title you are taking
    away sales and profits from developers and publishers
    i told Doug to think about this
    i now tell you the same
    but probably i'm asking the wrong person cause you made it
    very clear you don't give a damn about the others which i
    think also includes developers and publishers
    lending and borrowing damages developers and publishers but
    that's none of your business right Shawk and you are here in
    life only for yourself so damn everyone else including those
    who work hard to create entertainment that give you so much
    pleasure

    ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
    intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
    light? and btw i never check any friend for anything but i
    do know how to choose a gift for a friend and if i know a
    particular friend lends its pc games to others you bet i will
    never offer him a pc game as a present

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Brad Isley wrote:

    <snip>

    what did i told Doug to think about?
    i told him pc game industry is facing decline is sales and
    decline in profits so i asked him very politely to think
    about if he should or not borrow or lend to others pc game
    titles with this reality
    every time you borrow a pc game title you are taking sales
    and profits from developers and publishers
    pc games are not at a good moment, some say we are even in
    a crisis so you now use your own conscience and think if it
    is good and you should lend or borrow pc games titles
    again don't use the legality excuse
    don't be hypocrite
    or you like pc games or not
    or you defend pc games or not
    or you protect pc games or not
    its that simple
    but please no more bullshit legal excuses

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1124783878.577758.108150@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >

    > ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
    > intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
    > light?

    Nope. I said you were.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Shawk" wrote
    > "steamKILLER" wrote

    >> ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
    >> intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
    >> light?

    > Nope. I said you were.

    Busted.
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:qoMOe.14900$5m3.12509@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > "Shawk" wrote
    >> "steamKILLER" wrote
    >
    >>> ps: did you for any chance admit for the first time steam is
    >>> intrusive degrading and humiliating? did you finally see the
    >>> light?
    >
    >> Nope. I said you were.
    >
    > Busted.
    >
    LOL, I guess.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games Product