Sign in with
Your question

Video Capture (Dumb beginners questions)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 13, 2002 1:04:58 PM

Hey Guys,

I would like to know if there's a big difference in quality with the different video capture cards if I am transfering VHS content to DVDR. Has anyone got experience of this and what would you recommend??

I have searched the previous posts and looked on the net for info but for every 1 helpful tip there's another 2 that confuse me again.

Also, as I am transferring sports events to DVDR discs I have been given the option of buying the footage of these events on VCD or VHS. Which of these would be harder to transfer to DVDR or are they both as easy???

Thanks

Franco

I'm getting the hang of this.
September 14, 2002 6:49:36 AM

Make sure whichever capture system you decide to go with, that you're not limited on the input sources, and that you can capture in Stereo Audio, and have S-Video capture capability also, for the highest quality reproductions. You're not limited today to a capture card, theres systems that input your computer through Firewire and USB also, you'll just have to make up your own mind as to which one you put your money into.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
!