Belkin N+ Wired Connection Not Working

renaadoeiburamu

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Got a wired/wireless router problem, help anyone? Just got my internet set up at my new(ish) place today. I've got a desktop with no wireless adapter, and a laptop with a wireless adapter. I have my wireless router set up with the modem and I can connect to it wirelessly with my laptop, but for some reason I cannot connect to my wireless router, through a wire with my desktop. It has 4 wired ports and I've tried them all. I can connect to the connection and everything but it won't connect to the internet through it; just says I'm connected with no internet access even though at the same time I can be connected to the internet through my laptop, wirelessly. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

I did restore to factory which seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Another weird thing I forgot to mention is that I have a shared network set up between my laptop and desktop. So if I have the router connected to my desktop with a wire, I can stream videos or any file to my laptop wirelessly without a problem, even though I cannot access the router setup through a wired connection.

Also, even though it on my desktop when I connect the wire my computer detects that it's connected to something, I cannot access the router menu through wired, only through wireless on my laptop.

I am running windows 7 on both computers.

Any help is much appreciated.

sk1939

Distinguished
Are you sure you are entering the right IP for your router? Also, are you running any kind of firewall on your desktop? To eliminate your desktop as a potential problem, what happens when you connect your laptop via wired connection?

renaadoeiburamu

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah I definitely am, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enter the menu wirelessly. And same thing if I connect to my laptop through wired; can't connect to the internet or router menu. No firewall on either PC.