HL2: Lost Coast for those who bought the DVD

Anyone heard anything about those of us who didn't buy through Steam of being
able to get this or indeed any of the other products available through Steam
only at the moment?
25 answers Last reply
More about lost coast bought

    x-no-archive: yes

    KCB wrote:

    <snip>

    you really don't see it do you
    but that is exactly what valve wants, stupid ignorant gamers
    not capable of seeing the real plan behind steam

    valve system with steam does not let you buy individual titles
    even now you cannot buy individual titles
    why? cause in the future what steam will do it renting so you
    will have to pay fixed monthly fees to pay whatever game they
    release
    so yes all future steam games will be free but you have to pay
    them a highly expensive monthly fee
    that's why valve is applying this system so they can educate
    ignorant gamers like you to accept this rental system
    they are making you get used to the fact you don't buy any
    game individually but instead valve makes them available to
    you
    yes mister with steam no more BUYING of pc games you instead
    RENT them
    why rental? cause its much more profitable for them and you
    will have to pay much more to play pc games

    and btw you are not a genius cause you don't had any problems
    using steam but instead you are a ignorant cause you simply
    don't know and don't control what steam is doing to your own
    computer
    steam could be formatting your hard disk right now and you
    would not know about it!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    x-no-archive: yes

    Andrew wrote:

    <snip>

    you are so HIPOCRITE!
    when someone complains he doesn't have broadband to download
    4 gb of data you immediately reply, get the cd retail version
    but now that valve is discriminating those that buy in retail
    vs those that buy via steam you find this perfectly normal
    for you its perfectly fair discriminating customers that have
    bought the same product but don't have the same rights than
    others
    this again proves my theory, valve only wants from retail to
    take advantage of it, to use it to spread steam but they want
    to kill it cause its clear they want to make steam the only
    place you can get their own games, and this is not to cut on
    the middle man, its simply to have monopoly and be able to
    maintain prices as high as possible
    it was almost a year ago hl2 was released but the price of it
    in steam is exactly the same
    what proper retail game has the exact same price a year after
    its release? no one! any pc game after a year of release drops
    in price but with steam games they don't drop
    oh but i bet you don't find this bad and like anything dealing
    with valve and steam its perfectly normal and fair

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:44:07 GMT, Memnoch
    <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Anyone heard anything about those of us who didn't buy through Steam of being
    >able to get this or indeed any of the other products available through Steam
    >only at the moment?

    As it says in Steam>Browse Games, "Upon its release, Half-Life 2: Lost
    Coast will be available free of charge to all owners of Half-Life 2."

    > nope, i get DoD:S free when available

    eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam says I
    have to pay for DoD.

    rms

    Quoth The Raven: rms <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
    QvbOe.294$rS4.39@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net
    >> nope, i get DoD:S free when available
    >
    > eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam says
    > I have to pay for DoD.
    >
    > rms

    steasm activated HL2 get LC and dods for free via steam, should be
    regardless of your purchase method

    --
    Hi. I'll be your tagline for this evening.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    Quoth The Raven: rms <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
    QvbOe.294$rS4.39@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net
    >> nope, i get DoD:S free when available
    >
    > eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam says
    > I have to pay for DoD.
    >
    > rms

    steam activated HL2 get LC and dods for free via steam, should be
    regardless of your purchase method

    --
    Hi. I'll be your tagline for this evening.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    Manual No Steam Instaltion of HL2 user maps /Mods ...get the file from some
    HalfLife2 fan site...decompress it....
    Place the maps (.bsp) into your C:\Program
    Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\maps

    Place the sound caches (.cache) in C:\Program
    Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\maps\soundcache

    Place the ain files (.ain) into C:\Program
    Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\maps\graphs

    If needed place the VCD (.vcd) into the C:\Program
    Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\scenes

    To play the game: Type into the console "map yourmapname", this starts the
    game/level and there should be no need to load any other maps in the mod
    individually.

    The pathname given above ..."C:\Program
    Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail..." is just for typical example and
    your HL2 folder name-paths may well be slightly different

    Luv mouse
    @@@@@

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:12:15 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:44:07 GMT, Memnoch
    ><memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone heard anything about those of us who didn't buy through Steam of being
    >>able to get this or indeed any of the other products available through Steam
    >>only at the moment?
    >
    >As it says in Steam>Browse Games, "Upon its release, Half-Life 2: Lost
    >Coast will be available free of charge to all owners of Half-Life 2."

    On mine if I click on the Purchase options for Lost Coast it comes up with the
    familiar Bronze, Silver and Gold choices but because my Steam account has the
    DVD retail pack registered on it it is not an option. It seems that I would
    have to set up a new Steam account, purchase any of the three options just to
    get Lost Coast. I really don't think it's worth it. The same goes for
    DoD:Source.

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:20:16 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:

    >> nope, i get DoD:S free when available
    >
    > eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam says I
    >have to pay for DoD.

    Same here or at least when you click on each for purhasing options it takes
    you to the Silver and Gold screen but each has a near little box stating that
    you have already purchased HL2. Quick log in and check and the following all
    have purchase options on them under Browse Games:

    Half Life: Source
    Half Life 2: Lost Coast
    Day of Defeat: Source
    Counter Strike: Condition Zero
    Counter Strike Deleted Scenes

    If I had bought the game through Steam then at least the ones that are
    actually released would be available to me. Unfortunately, since I bought
    retail that option is not available to me.

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:31:07 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >Quoth The Raven: rms <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
    >QvbOe.294$rS4.39@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net
    >>> nope, i get DoD:S free when available
    >>
    >> eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam says
    >> I have to pay for DoD.
    >>
    >> rms
    >
    >steasm activated HL2 get LC and dods for free via steam, should be
    >regardless of your purchase method

    Then I would invite you over and show you that it cannot be done, at least
    that I can see, if you have installed and activated from the DVD.

    "Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:12:15 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:44:07 GMT, Memnoch
    >><memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone heard anything about those of us who didn't buy through Steam of
    >>>being
    >>>able to get this or indeed any of the other products available through
    >>>Steam
    >>>only at the moment?
    >>
    >>As it says in Steam>Browse Games, "Upon its release, Half-Life 2: Lost
    >>Coast will be available free of charge to all owners of Half-Life 2."
    >
    > On mine if I click on the Purchase options for Lost Coast it comes up with
    > the
    > familiar Bronze, Silver and Gold choices but because my Steam account has
    > the
    > DVD retail pack registered on it it is not an option. It seems that I
    > would
    > have to set up a new Steam account, purchase any of the three options just
    > get Lost Coast. I really don't think it's worth it. The same goes for
    > DoD:Source.

    I get the same message (I have the retail DVD). AFAIK the DVD is the same
    as the Bronze pack so I'm waiting to see what they do when it is released.
    I would not expect to pay for it. DOD Source was never available with
    Bronze or retail, only Silver and Gold. I expect them to make that
    available as a paid-for d-load

    Shawk wrote:

    >> On mine if I click on the Purchase options for Lost Coast it comes
    >> up with the
    >> familiar Bronze, Silver and Gold choices but because my Steam
    >> account has the
    >> DVD retail pack registered on it it is not an option. It seems that I
    >> would
    >> have to set up a new Steam account, purchase any of the three
    >> options just to
    >> get Lost Coast. I really don't think it's worth it. The same goes for
    >> DoD:Source.
    >
    > I get the same message (I have the retail DVD). AFAIK the DVD is the
    > same as the Bronze pack so I'm waiting to see what they do when it is
    > released. I would not expect to pay for it. DOD Source was never
    > available with Bronze or retail, only Silver and Gold. I expect them
    > to make that available as a paid-for d-load

    Really? I purchased the retail version as well (Collector's DVD) and Steam
    tells me I have already purchased the Gold and Silver and Bronze plan
    through steam. I think the DVD was only available through the collector's
    edition.

    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:31:07 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Quoth The Raven: rms <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
    >>QvbOe.294$rS4.39@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net
    >>>
    >>> eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam says
    >>> I have to pay for DoD.
    >>>
    >>> rms
    >>
    >>steasm activated HL2 get LC and dods for free via steam, should be
    >>regardless of your purchase method
    >
    > Then I would invite you over and show you that it cannot be done, at least
    > that I can see, if you have installed and activated from the DVD.

    Yup, that's what it currently states. 'Click here for purchase options'.
    We'll see what it says for LC when it is released.

    I bought HL2 retail and registered it on Steam. I just checked my steam
    account and there it is, available to me for download, free of charge, when
    it's ready.

    JK

    "JK" <jkhpub@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >I bought HL2 retail and registered it on Steam. I just checked my steam
    >account and there it is, available to me for download, free of charge, when
    >it's ready.
    >
    > JK

    In the description it *does* say

    "Originally planned as a section of the Highway 17 chapter of Half-Life 2,
    Lost Coast is a playable technology showcase that introduces High Dynamic
    Range lighting to the Source engine. Upon its release, Half-Life 2: Lost
    Coast will be available free of charge to all owners of Half-Life 2".

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in

    > Shawk wrote:
    >
    >>> On mine if I click on the Purchase options for Lost Coast it comes
    >>> up with the
    >>> familiar Bronze, Silver and Gold choices but because my Steam
    >>> account has the
    >>> DVD retail pack registered on it it is not an option. It seems that
    >>> I would
    >>> have to set up a new Steam account, purchase any of the three
    >>> options just to
    >>> get Lost Coast. I really don't think it's worth it. The same goes
    >>> for DoD:Source.
    >>
    >> I get the same message (I have the retail DVD). AFAIK the DVD is the
    >> same as the Bronze pack so I'm waiting to see what they do when it is
    >> released. I would not expect to pay for it. DOD Source was never
    >> available with Bronze or retail, only Silver and Gold. I expect them
    >> to make that available as a paid-for d-load
    >
    > Really? I purchased the retail version as well (Collector's DVD) and
    > Steam tells me I have already purchased the Gold and Silver and Bronze
    > plan through steam. I think the DVD was only available through the
    > collector's edition.

    no i got the dvd and it wasnt the collectoes edition, i get the meassage
    that i have already purchased hl2 next to the packages but it doesnt say
    that i have those versions specifically

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:19:19 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
    <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

    >Shawk wrote:
    >
    >>> On mine if I click on the Purchase options for Lost Coast it comes
    >>> up with the
    >>> familiar Bronze, Silver and Gold choices but because my Steam
    >>> account has the
    >>> DVD retail pack registered on it it is not an option. It seems that I
    >>> would
    >>> have to set up a new Steam account, purchase any of the three
    >>> options just to
    >>> get Lost Coast. I really don't think it's worth it. The same goes for
    >>> DoD:Source.
    >>
    >> I get the same message (I have the retail DVD). AFAIK the DVD is the
    >> same as the Bronze pack so I'm waiting to see what they do when it is
    >> released. I would not expect to pay for it. DOD Source was never
    >> available with Bronze or retail, only Silver and Gold. I expect them
    >> to make that available as a paid-for d-load
    >
    >Really? I purchased the retail version as well (Collector's DVD) and Steam
    >tells me I have already purchased the Gold and Silver and Bronze plan
    >through steam. I think the DVD was only available through the collector's
    >edition.

    Same here Hank, i have HL2 DVD CE and it says on my steam account that
    i've purchased Gold/Silver and Bronze..

    toadie
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    in pkfkg1hnit465cqhosd0vnftqmfg4c50gd@4ax.com
    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:31:07 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth The Raven: rms <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
    >> QvbOe.294$rS4.39@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net
    >>>
    >>> eh? I paid $85 for the retail Collector's Edition, and Steam
    >>> says I have to pay for DoD.
    >>>
    >>> rms
    >>
    >> steasm activated HL2 get LC and dods for free via steam, should be
    >> regardless of your purchase method
    >
    > Then I would invite you over and show you that it cannot be done, at
    > least that I can see, if you have installed and activated from the
    > DVD.

    just as an experiment, uninstall steam/hl2. install steam from the
    website, add just the cache files from the disk to the steamapps folder
    and restart steam, activate it with the DVD no where near your computer,
    see if it doesn't become a steam game entirely without you having to use
    the DVD. maybe then you will have all access like I do.

    I activated my account with an ATI voucher, paid USD$10 to get silver.

    --
    Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:18:24 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    >in pkfkg1hnit465cqhosd0vnftqmfg4c50gd@4ax.com
    >> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:31:07 +1000, "Highlandish"
    >> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Quoth The Raven: rms <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> in
    >>> QvbOe.294$rS4.39@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net

    >>> steasm activated HL2 get LC and dods for free via steam, should be
    >>> regardless of your purchase method
    >>
    >> Then I would invite you over and show you that it cannot be done, at
    >> least that I can see, if you have installed and activated from the
    >> DVD.
    >
    >just as an experiment, uninstall steam/hl2. install steam from the
    >website, add just the cache files from the disk to the steamapps folder
    >and restart steam, activate it with the DVD no where near your computer,
    >see if it doesn't become a steam game entirely without you having to use
    >the DVD. maybe then you will have all access like I do.
    >
    >I activated my account with an ATI voucher, paid USD$10 to get silver.

    That seems like a good idea. I should be able to try this on another computer
    shouldn't I, rather than mess with my existing setup?
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:11:50 GMT, Memnoch
    <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:18:24 +1000, "Highlandish"
    ><ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    >>in pkfkg1hnit465cqhosd0vnftqmfg4c50gd@4ax.com

    >>> Then I would invite you over and show you that it cannot be done, at
    >>> least that I can see, if you have installed and activated from the
    >>> DVD.
    >>
    >>just as an experiment, uninstall steam/hl2. install steam from the
    >>website, add just the cache files from the disk to the steamapps folder
    >>and restart steam, activate it with the DVD no where near your computer,
    >>see if it doesn't become a steam game entirely without you having to use
    >>the DVD. maybe then you will have all access like I do.
    >>
    >>I activated my account with an ATI voucher, paid USD$10 to get silver.
    >
    >That seems like a good idea. I should be able to try this on another computer
    >shouldn't I, rather than mess with my existing setup?

    A good idea which does not work unfortunately. Fired up a laptop and installed
    Steam on it. Went straight in to the Browse Games section and all the ones I
    mentioned on my main system are the same. If you click on the Lost Coast:
    Coming soon entry in the main menu of installed games it takes you straight to
    the purchasing options screen, which states that I can only have one offer per
    Steam account. Even Half Life: Source is unavailable to me, although I have
    the original Half Life. Bollocks! I hope they look in to this as there must be
    a lot of people who jumped on the bandwagon of the DVD thinking they wouldn't
    have to download all that data. Oh well, you live and learn I guess.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    in v0tmg151cvvrij63jesrogm8najhhlmn4i@4ax.com
    > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:18:24 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    >> in pkfkg1hnit465cqhosd0vnftqmfg4c50gd@4ax.com

    >>> Then I would invite you over and show you that it cannot be done, at
    >>> least that I can see, if you have installed and activated from the
    >>> DVD.
    >>
    >> just as an experiment, uninstall steam/hl2. install steam from the
    >> website, add just the cache files from the disk to the steamapps
    >> folder and restart steam, activate it with the DVD no where near
    >> your computer, see if it doesn't become a steam game entirely
    >> without you having to use the DVD. maybe then you will have all
    >> access like I do.
    >>
    >> I activated my account with an ATI voucher, paid USD$10 to get
    >> silver.
    >
    > That seems like a good idea. I should be able to try this on another
    > computer shouldn't I, rather than mess with my existing setup?

    yup, as you can use your account simultaneously on many computers

    --
    I poured Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    in bi5ng1582ihs61dina39tglck51j54s6ce@4ax.com
    > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:11:50 GMT, Memnoch
    > <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:18:24 +1000, "Highlandish"
    >> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Quoth The Raven: Memnoch
    >>> <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> in
    >>> pkfkg1hnit465cqhosd0vnftqmfg4c50gd@4ax.com

    >>> just as an experiment, uninstall steam/hl2. install steam from the
    >>> website, add just the cache files from the disk to the steamapps
    >>> folder and restart steam, activate it with the DVD no where near
    >>> your computer, see if it doesn't become a steam game entirely
    >>> without you having to use the DVD. maybe then you will have all
    >>> access like I do.
    >>>
    >>> I activated my account with an ATI voucher, paid USD$10 to get
    >>> silver.
    >>
    >> That seems like a good idea. I should be able to try this on another
    >> computer shouldn't I, rather than mess with my existing setup?
    >
    > A good idea which does not work unfortunately. Fired up a laptop and
    > installed Steam on it. Went straight in to the Browse Games section
    > and all the ones I mentioned on my main system are the same. If you
    > click on the Lost Coast: Coming soon entry in the main menu of
    > installed games it takes you straight to the purchasing options
    > screen, which states that I can only have one offer per Steam
    > account. Even Half Life: Source is unavailable to me, although I have
    > the original Half Life. Bollocks! I hope they look in to this as
    > there must be a lot of people who jumped on the bandwagon of the DVD
    > thinking they wouldn't have to download all that data. Oh well, you
    > live and learn I guess.

    theres no way of upgrading your bronze to a silver? i did using an ATI
    voucher

    --
    Neurosis is the inability to tolerate ambiguity. - Sigmund Freud

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:08:00 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    >in bi5ng1582ihs61dina39tglck51j54s6ce@4ax.com
    >> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:11:50 GMT, Memnoch
    >> <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> A good idea which does not work unfortunately. Fired up a laptop and
    >> installed Steam on it. Went straight in to the Browse Games section
    >> and all the ones I mentioned on my main system are the same. If you
    >> click on the Lost Coast: Coming soon entry in the main menu of
    >> installed games it takes you straight to the purchasing options
    >> screen, which states that I can only have one offer per Steam
    >> account. Even Half Life: Source is unavailable to me, although I have
    >> the original Half Life. Bollocks! I hope they look in to this as
    >> there must be a lot of people who jumped on the bandwagon of the DVD
    >> thinking they wouldn't have to download all that data. Oh well, you
    >> live and learn I guess.
    >
    >theres no way of upgrading your bronze to a silver? i did using an ATI
    >voucher

    Not that I know of and a search of the forums at Steampowered seem to confirm
    this. Although the DVD retail version appears to have the same features and
    limitations of a Bronze copy bought through Steam it is neither of these.
    Shame but I don't think I will buy Silver just for this. If it doesn't happen
    I may end up downloading a warez copy of Lost Coast just to try it out, if
    that even happens of course.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:08:00 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >

    >>theres no way of upgrading your bronze to a silver? i did using an ATI
    >>voucher
    >
    > Not that I know of and a search of the forums at Steampowered seem to
    > confirm
    > this. Although the DVD retail version appears to have the same features
    > and
    > limitations of a Bronze copy bought through Steam it is neither of these.
    > Shame but I don't think I will buy Silver just for this. If it doesn't
    > happen
    > I may end up downloading a warez copy of Lost Coast just to try it out, if
    > that even happens of course

    I'm in the same position as Memnoch except that I am still fully expecting
    to be able to legitimately d-load LC through Steam when it is released. It
    is simply a chapter demonstrating the HDR lighting. DOD however I expect to
    pay for..
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    in t1qpg111csurp14k241n77871ggi85q8ke@4ax.com
    > On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:08:00 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth The Raven: Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>
    >> in bi5ng1582ihs61dina39tglck51j54s6ce@4ax.com
    >>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:11:50 GMT, Memnoch
    >>> <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> A good idea which does not work unfortunately. Fired up a laptop and
    >>> installed Steam on it. Went straight in to the Browse Games section
    >>> and all the ones I mentioned on my main system are the same. If you
    >>> click on the Lost Coast: Coming soon entry in the main menu of
    >>> installed games it takes you straight to the purchasing options
    >>> screen, which states that I can only have one offer per Steam
    >>> account. Even Half Life: Source is unavailable to me, although I
    >>> have the original Half Life. Bollocks! I hope they look in to this
    >>> as there must be a lot of people who jumped on the bandwagon of the
    >>> DVD thinking they wouldn't have to download all that data. Oh well,
    >>> you live and learn I guess.
    >>
    >> theres no way of upgrading your bronze to a silver? i did using an
    >> ATI voucher
    >
    > Not that I know of and a search of the forums at Steampowered seem to
    > confirm this. Although the DVD retail version appears to have the
    > same features and limitations of a Bronze copy bought through Steam
    > it is neither of these. Shame but I don't think I will buy Silver
    > just for this. If it doesn't happen I may end up downloading a warez
    > copy of Lost Coast just to try it out, if that even happens of course.

    as a legit owner of HL2 i cant see how it would be bad to pirate LC,
    youre entitled to it.

    --
    A gossip is someone with a great sense of rumour.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

PC gaming DVD Games Video Games