Laptop function key symbols not working

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I installed windows 7 onto my laptop and before i install when i would press a function key a symbol would appear on the screen. But now when i press the function key no symbol would appear on my laptop screen. I was wondering if anyone could help me because its annoying and i cant see how much my volume is up or down or either my brightness.

Someone please help me, and explain what i have to do.

Thank you so much!!!
6 answers Last reply
More about laptop function symbols working
  1. It sounds like you haven't installed the software that makes the symbol appear. Check the maufacturers support site and you should find a driver/software for it there. Regardless of the symbol you see on screen the function key should work.

What is the model of your laptop?
  2. Model of my Laptop is G580.
    I hav installed all the software and drivers i hav in my lenovo G580 official dvd still fn key symbols r nt apperaring.
  3. Sorry I checked the laptop model at Lenovo Support but there is no software available for the keyboard. If installing the system by the official Lenovo DVD didn't fix the problem, I really can't say.

Did you say the function keys don't work at all or is it just the on screen indication?

One thing you can try is (kind of a long shot) try updating the display driver. I don't think it is the problem but it wont hurt...
  4. My laptop Function keys r working properly, the problem is just on screen indication.
  5. My laptop Function keys r working properly, the problem is just on screen indication.
  6. My laptop Function keys r working properly, the problem is just on screen indication.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Windows 7 Laptop Screen Wireless Networking