Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

BSOD, BOOTMgr missing, and NTFS errors? Please help!

Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 11, 2010 10:34:41 PM

Hi, Hope you can help me!

I have my soon 1 year old rig wich has from the start been a bit of a bumby ride.
Lately things have gotten worse and I think it's time to do something about it!
So my comp has BSOD out quite random since i built it, and yesterday i couldn't boot up to windows.
That due to a random BSOD and then i couldnt choose to boot form my C disk in Bios. So the message BOOTMgr is missing appeared.Ii solved the BOOTMGR very easy (*phew*) but as soon as i booted up my comp today it freeze-hang. This Shouldn't be apperaring on a rig like this right?

My specs are following:
i7 920 (C stepping)
Asus P6T
Asus 9800GTX+ DK TOP
620W PSU
WD 640gb
Corsair 3 gb 1333mhz

Simpely explained I'm hunting for the cause of all my BSOD's and wierd behaviours.
I've looked up some of my BSOD's and all of them did point at some kind of memory failure, one of them was error in the NTFS system.
I've began to wonder, is my harddrive not working as it should?

This is my first self builded comp and I'm quite new into all of this, would be very happy see some awnsers.

Best regards!

More about : bsod bootmgr missing ntfs errors

a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2010 11:02:15 PM

you have a ASUS motherboard, I have one too, I have spent the last 3 months trying to figure out what the problem was, CTD, BSOD's random and not able to duplicate consistently, and it seems that ASUS is a little more finicky than other mfg's about memory, find out what memory and model number/type and go to ASUS and see if it is listed in the QVL list, mine wasn't, get memory that is, I set the CAS manually until I can get a new board(Gigabyte)and it made a world of difference, not completely stable but much better
m
l
February 12, 2010 2:55:00 PM

number13 said:
you have a ASUS motherboard, I have one too, I have spent the last 3 months trying to figure out what the problem was, CTD, BSOD's random and not able to duplicate consistently, and it seems that ASUS is a little more finicky than other mfg's about memory, find out what memory and model number/type and go to ASUS and see if it is listed in the QVL list, mine wasn't, get memory that is, I set the CAS manually until I can get a new board(Gigabyte)and it made a world of difference, not completely stable but much better

Actually I had a gigabyte MB from the beginning but the store had put wrong specs up for it (i wanted to be able to run SLI in the future) so I returned it.
Anyhow, Yes my memmory is listed
CM3x1G1333c9 is the name. They were sold in a package of 3 especially for the i7.
Btw. If i set my bios to auto it will set my RAM spd to 553 instead of 667. So i have chosen the correct speed manually in BIOS.
1333Mhz for the memory and Uckl is auto.

And if you wonder, yes i have ran mem test86 with no errors.

Please help!
Regards!
m
l
February 21, 2010 11:26:43 PM

Hi,

Yesterday I got another BSOD wich removed my BOOT MGR and caused my comp to not boot.
This time i got over the file (saved it as .txt !)so I've uploaded it!
I hope the DL site is acceptable otherwise i also have a picture ofthe same bsod.

=http://www.2shared.com/file/11570857/34caf4a2/BSODinfo.html

I hope someone can read it and tell me what's wrong with my computer!:( 
When it bluescreened out it said BAD_POOL_DATA.

I got a tip to get a WIN 7 utility tool wich scanned registry for errors, i had a total of 781 errors.
He also told me to scan my HDD so i could check it's "health" and it was good.

PLEASE i beg you help me!

Regards Philip
m
l