Amazon.co.uk - PC game sale

Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96 for example.
7 answers Last reply
More about amazon game sale

    x-no-archive: yes

    Shawk wrote:

    > Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96 for example.

    great example of retail at its best!
    in retail there is competition which drives innovation, better
    quality and lower prices
    so you see Shawk retail works and amazon the "middle man" does
    a good job and service to us all
    now valve and steam wants to kill this
    do you see any steam infected game with such a low price? NO!
    do you want in the future to stop being able to advertise such
    great bargains?
    that is what's in stake with steam
    you support steam you KILL in the future being able to see this
    kind of low price pc games
    steam is monopoly
    steam is high fixed pricing
    retail is competition
    retail is having bargains like the one you just wrote about
    so Shawk the question now is clear
    what do you want? your precious steam or being able to buy pc
    games at amazon with those great low prices? and no you cannot
    have both cause steam is clearly trying to monopolize and kill
    the retail market

    and yes for the first time i do THANK YOU and PRAISE you for a
    great thread you just created
    you did a perfect example of what i'm asking for in this group
    which is supporting and promoting pc games

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    Yeah, Amazon are great. They also have many books covering grammar, spelling
    and punctuation.

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >Shawk wrote:
    >
    >> Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96 for example.
    >
    >great example of retail at its best!

    But the cheap versions of those games on Amazon are download only!

    >in retail there is competition which drives innovation, better
    >quality and lower prices
    >so you see Shawk retail works and amazon the "middle man" does
    >a good job and service to us all
    >now valve and steam wants to kill this
    >do you see any steam infected game with such a low price? NO!
    >do you want in the future to stop being able to advertise such
    >great bargains?
    >that is what's in stake with steam
    >you support steam you KILL in the future being able to see this
    >kind of low price pc games
    >steam is monopoly
    >steam is high fixed pricing
    >retail is competition
    >retail is having bargains like the one you just wrote about
    >so Shawk the question now is clear
    >what do you want? your precious steam or being able to buy pc
    >games at amazon with those great low prices? and no you cannot
    >have both cause steam is clearly trying to monopolize and kill
    >the retail market
    >
    >and yes for the first time i do THANK YOU and PRAISE you for a
    >great thread you just created
    >you did a perfect example of what i'm asking for in this group
    >which is supporting and promoting pc games

    "One Punch Mickey" wrote

    > Yeah, Amazon are great. They also have many books covering grammar,
    > spelling and punctuation.

    It's a shame they don't sell books on 'How to post on Usenet'; I have no
    idea who you're replying to (Sorry... To whom you are replying).

    x-no-archive: yes

    One Punch Mickey wrote:

    > Yeah, Amazon are great.

    wrong mickey!
    what i was praising was RETAIL not amazon
    amazon is just one of many quality retailers out
    there in the market
    yes mickey this market has COMPETITION
    competition is key to everything including pc
    games but your steam fanaticism will always make
    you see different
    Shawk presented us two pc games with such low prices
    not cause amazon is our friend but cause competition
    made then lower prices
    so as you see having competition is MARVELOUS!

    but we know you don't want competition but rather your
    master valve to be the absolute ruler and supreme
    dictator

    what Shawk wrote is so important cause it proves the
    middle man in retail is GOOD for us
    i do remember when steam started up all you fanatics
    talked about how good it would be to get rid of the
    "evil" middle man but now we see the middle man is
    not "evil" its good for us and the "evil" is valve

    as for you again trying to put me down cause of my
    english writing, you should instead feel grateful
    your native language is the closest thing to a
    universal language and that not only americans, british
    canadians and australians participate in this group

    i think it adds a lot to this group having as many
    nationalities as possible cause pc games is a worldwide
    hobby but just like you want everyone of us using
    steam cause you don't like DIVERSITY you also don't
    welcome pc gamers from different parts of the world
    i only hope you are in a minority and most of us do
    welcome DIVERSITY

    --

    Bateau wrote:

    >> Shawk wrote:
    >>
    >>> Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96
    >>
    >> great example of retail at its best!
    >
    > But the cheap versions of those games on Amazon are download
    > only!

    that's a lie!
    amazon uk is not selling neither swat 4 or men of honor pacific
    assault in download format
    amazon only has swat 4 and men of honor pacific assault in box
    cd/dvd format
    that low price Shawk talked about is for the box cd/dvd format!
    you cannot get swat 4 or men of honor pacific assault lower than
    that in download format
    the lie about download format being cheaper must stop!
    that's a total UNTRUE myth!
    download format not only is not widely available but when it is
    available it is NOT cheaper than retail box cd/dvd format and
    in some cases like steam is way more expensive
    download or online delivery formats have many hidden costs like
    you must doing your own backup copy and you requiring internet
    connection so its obvious online delivery will not make pc games
    less expensive but make them MORE EXPENSIVE

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >Bateau wrote:

    >>> great example of retail at its best!
    >>
    >> But the cheap versions of those games on Amazon are download
    >> only!
    >
    >that's a lie!
    >amazon uk is not selling neither swat 4 or men of honor pacific
    >assault in download format
    >amazon only has swat 4 and men of honor pacific assault in box
    >cd/dvd format
    >that low price Shawk talked about is for the box cd/dvd format!
    >you cannot get swat 4 or men of honor pacific assault lower than
    >that in download format
    >the lie about download format being cheaper must stop!
    >that's a total UNTRUE myth!
    >download format not only is not widely available but when it is
    >available it is NOT cheaper than retail box cd/dvd format and
    >in some cases like steam is way more expensive
    >download or online delivery formats have many hidden costs like
    >you must doing your own backup copy and you requiring internet
    >connection so its obvious online delivery will not make pc games
    >less expensive but make them MORE EXPENSIVE

    Thank you for your informative post.

PC gaming Amazon Games IBM Video Games