Amazon.co.uk - PC game sale

x-no-archive: yes

Shawk wrote:

> Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96 for example.

great example of retail at its best!
in retail there is competition which drives innovation, better
quality and lower prices
so you see Shawk retail works and amazon the "middle man" does
a good job and service to us all
now valve and steam wants to kill this
do you see any steam infected game with such a low price? NO!
do you want in the future to stop being able to advertise such
great bargains?
that is what's in stake with steam
you support steam you KILL in the future being able to see this
kind of low price pc games
steam is monopoly
steam is high fixed pricing
retail is competition
retail is having bargains like the one you just wrote about
so Shawk the question now is clear
what do you want? your precious steam or being able to buy pc
games at amazon with those great low prices? and no you cannot
have both cause steam is clearly trying to monopolize and kill
the retail market

and yes for the first time i do THANK YOU and PRAISE you for a
great thread you just created
you did a perfect example of what i'm asking for in this group
which is supporting and promoting pc games

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Yeah, Amazon are great. They also have many books covering grammar, spelling
and punctuation.

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Shawk wrote:
>
>> Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96 for example.
>
>great example of retail at its best!

But the cheap versions of those games on Amazon are download only!

>in retail there is competition which drives innovation, better
>quality and lower prices
>so you see Shawk retail works and amazon the "middle man" does
>a good job and service to us all
>now valve and steam wants to kill this
>do you see any steam infected game with such a low price? NO!
>do you want in the future to stop being able to advertise such
>great bargains?
>that is what's in stake with steam
>you support steam you KILL in the future being able to see this
>kind of low price pc games
>steam is monopoly
>steam is high fixed pricing
>retail is competition
>retail is having bargains like the one you just wrote about
>so Shawk the question now is clear
>what do you want? your precious steam or being able to buy pc
>games at amazon with those great low prices? and no you cannot
>have both cause steam is clearly trying to monopolize and kill
>the retail market
>
>and yes for the first time i do THANK YOU and PRAISE you for a
>great thread you just created
>you did a perfect example of what i'm asking for in this group
>which is supporting and promoting pc games

vinCe

"One Punch Mickey" wrote

> Yeah, Amazon are great. They also have many books covering grammar,
> spelling and punctuation.

It's a shame they don't sell books on 'How to post on Usenet'; I have no
idea who you're replying to (Sorry... To whom you are replying).

x-no-archive: yes

One Punch Mickey wrote:

> Yeah, Amazon are great.

wrong mickey!
what i was praising was RETAIL not amazon
amazon is just one of many quality retailers out
there in the market
yes mickey this market has COMPETITION
competition is key to everything including pc
games but your steam fanaticism will always make
you see different
Shawk presented us two pc games with such low prices
not cause amazon is our friend but cause competition
made then lower prices
so as you see having competition is MARVELOUS!

but we know you don't want competition but rather your
master valve to be the absolute ruler and supreme
dictator

what Shawk wrote is so important cause it proves the
middle man in retail is GOOD for us
i do remember when steam started up all you fanatics
talked about how good it would be to get rid of the
"evil" middle man but now we see the middle man is
not "evil" its good for us and the "evil" is valve

as for you again trying to put me down cause of my
english writing, you should instead feel grateful
your native language is the closest thing to a
universal language and that not only americans, british
canadians and australians participate in this group

i think it adds a lot to this group having as many
nationalities as possible cause pc games is a worldwide
hobby but just like you want everyone of us using
steam cause you don't like DIVERSITY you also don't
welcome pc gamers from different parts of the world
i only hope you are in a minority and most of us do
welcome DIVERSITY

--

Bateau wrote:

>> Shawk wrote:
>>
>>> Worth having a look. MOHPA for £3.96 or Swat4 for £13.96
>>
>> great example of retail at its best!
>
> But the cheap versions of those games on Amazon are download
> only!

that's a lie!
amazon uk is not selling neither swat 4 or men of honor pacific
assault in download format
amazon only has swat 4 and men of honor pacific assault in box
cd/dvd format
that low price Shawk talked about is for the box cd/dvd format!
you cannot get swat 4 or men of honor pacific assault lower than
that in download format
the lie about download format being cheaper must stop!
that's a total UNTRUE myth!
download format not only is not widely available but when it is
available it is NOT cheaper than retail box cd/dvd format and
in some cases like steam is way more expensive
download or online delivery formats have many hidden costs like
you must doing your own backup copy and you requiring internet
connection so its obvious online delivery will not make pc games
less expensive but make them MORE EXPENSIVE

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Bateau wrote:

>>> great example of retail at its best!
>>
>> But the cheap versions of those games on Amazon are download
>> only!
>
>that's a lie!
>amazon uk is not selling neither swat 4 or men of honor pacific
>assault in download format
>amazon only has swat 4 and men of honor pacific assault in box
>cd/dvd format
>that low price Shawk talked about is for the box cd/dvd format!
>you cannot get swat 4 or men of honor pacific assault lower than
>that in download format
>the lie about download format being cheaper must stop!
>that's a total UNTRUE myth!
>download format not only is not widely available but when it is
>available it is NOT cheaper than retail box cd/dvd format and
>in some cases like steam is way more expensive
>download or online delivery formats have many hidden costs like
>you must doing your own backup copy and you requiring internet
>connection so its obvious online delivery will not make pc games
>less expensive but make them MORE EXPENSIVE

Thank you for your informative post.