Running Wolfenstein on a Calculator

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/16

"I thought that I've seen it all. But with the Internet nerds can
surpass themselves. Today I found out a version of Wolfenstein game for
TI-83/84 calculator from Texas Instruments. Huh, Wolfenstein running on
a calculator? Yes, you read it right and it seems to run just fine."

SG
--
File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
7 answers Last reply

    Highlandish wrote:

    > how cool is that? of course with PSP's on the market, only those who are
    > broke would use this as a replacement console, but can you imagine the
    > dumbass in class who has trouble learning, so he uses his calc to play
    > games in class instead.

    I don't think learning problems are a prerequisite for goofin' off. :P

    SG
    --
    Pants have two legs so we call them a pair of pants -- a shirt has two
    sleeves, why don't we call it a pair of shirts?

    Quoth The Raven: shegeek72 <sweepster@ev1.net> in
    1124837163.347661.192260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
    > http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/16
    >
    > "I thought that I've seen it all. But with the Internet nerds can
    > surpass themselves. Today I found out a version of Wolfenstein game
    > for TI-83/84 calculator from Texas Instruments. Huh, Wolfenstein
    > running on a calculator? Yes, you read it right and it seems to run
    > just fine."
    >
    > SG

    how cool is that? of course with PSP's on the market, only those who are
    broke would use this as a replacement console, but can you imagine the
    dumbass in class who has trouble learning, so he uses his calc to play
    games in class instead.

    --
    Happiness is not getting what you want - it's wanting what you have.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    Highlandish wrote:
    > Quoth The Raven: shegeek72 <sweepster@ev1.net> in
    > 1124837163.347661.192260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
    >
    >>http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/16
    >>
    >>"I thought that I've seen it all. But with the Internet nerds can
    >>surpass themselves. Today I found out a version of Wolfenstein game
    >>for TI-83/84 calculator from Texas Instruments. Huh, Wolfenstein
    >>running on a calculator? Yes, you read it right and it seems to run
    >>just fine."
    >>
    >>SG
    >

    > how cool is that? of course with PSP's on the market, only those who are
    > broke would use this as a replacement console, but can you imagine the
    > dumbass in class who has trouble learning, so he uses his calc to play
    > games in class instead.

    Thats been the case since donkey years.

    --
    Walter Mitty
    -

    "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >Quoth The Raven: shegeek72 <sweepster@ev1.net> in
    >1124837163.347661.192260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
    >> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/16
    >>
    >> "I thought that I've seen it all. But with the Internet nerds can
    >> surpass themselves. Today I found out a version of Wolfenstein game
    >> for TI-83/84 calculator from Texas Instruments. Huh, Wolfenstein
    >> running on a calculator? Yes, you read it right and it seems to run
    >> just fine."
    >>
    >> SG
    >
    >how cool is that? of course with PSP's on the market, only those who are
    >broke would use this as a replacement console, but can you imagine the
    >dumbass in class who has trouble learning, so he uses his calc to play
    >games in class instead.

    Who didn't play racing games or scorched earth clones on their
    calculator?

    Quoth The Raven: shegeek72 <sweepster@ev1.net> in
    1124875722.480456.294430@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
    > Highlandish wrote:
    >
    >> how cool is that? of course with PSP's on the market, only those who
    >> are broke would use this as a replacement console, but can you
    >> imagine the dumbass in class who has trouble learning, so he uses
    >> his calc to play games in class instead.
    >
    > I don't think learning problems are a prerequisite for goofin' off. :P
    >
    > SG

    but goofing off stunts your learning :)

    --
    If the shoe fits, get another one just like it. - George Carlin

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    Quoth The Raven: Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
    oakog1hroeclc3js0r95h4f91527bm7gc0@4ax.com
    > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >> Quoth The Raven: shegeek72 <sweepster@ev1.net> in
    >> 1124837163.347661.192260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
    >>> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/16
    >>>
    >>> "I thought that I've seen it all. But with the Internet nerds can
    >>> surpass themselves. Today I found out a version of Wolfenstein game
    >>> for TI-83/84 calculator from Texas Instruments. Huh, Wolfenstein
    >>> running on a calculator? Yes, you read it right and it seems to run
    >>> just fine."
    >>>
    >>> SG
    >>
    >> how cool is that? of course with PSP's on the market, only those who
    >> are broke would use this as a replacement console, but can you
    >> imagine the dumbass in class who has trouble learning, so he uses
    >> his calc to play games in class instead.
    >
    > Who didn't play racing games or scorched earth clones on their
    > calculator?

    i wasnt allowed to use one untill i was 15

    --
    I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others, they are
    more screwed up than you think.

    "shegeek72" <sweepster@ev1.net> wrote in message

    > Wolfenstein running on a calculator? Yes, you read it right and it seems
    > to run just fine."

    Pff ... I'd rather watch The Matrix:
    http://www.ticalc.org/images/news/2005-08-16-usb.wmv

PC gaming Games Video Games