Tenda wireless router needs restarting each 10hrs

rajrox

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I bought this Tenda wifi router and connected it.It's a chinese one and the user interface is not much friendly. It works fine but sometimes if u play around with it u will lose the settings you inserted in to it and you will need to reconfigure it.

My problem is my ISP seems to renew the IP's issued to their customers automatically every 10 hrs from the last login. But every other router keeps the connection alive but my router doesn't. It needs to be restarted in order to get the internet back online.simply said,u need to restart the router every 10 hrs.
I didn't find any specific setting inside the router that can fix this problem. Any ideas ?

BTW Never buy Tenda routers. Thanks in advance

Solution
I doubt the isp is renewing the IP every 10 hour, it's more likely that whenever the router looses the connection it is simply renewed when it reconnects. If the IP were to change every 10 hours then any router would drop the connection when that happened.
Try checking for a firmware update it may help.
If possible try returning the router for a better one, there are many brands with very good low cost routers on the market.

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I doubt the isp is renewing the IP every 10 hour, it's more likely that whenever the router looses the connection it is simply renewed when it reconnects. If the IP were to change every 10 hours then any router would drop the connection when that happened.
Try checking for a firmware update it may help.
If possible try returning the router for a better one, there are many brands with very good low cost routers on the market.

Solution

rajrox

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks ngrego for your quick reply. but my previous LAN router worked very well..no restarting was needed. But this happens exactly passing 10 hrs. Yes I will talk to the shop guy and talk about this. Btw, I found a firmware upgrade on the website which is a newer version and updated it,few weeks back.but no result. Thanks a again. :)