slow mouse pointer

matluz1

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2002
Hi,
I hope this is a simple problem. My mouse pointer and other programme operations are slow when I am copying files from one folder to another. All applications slow down.
I just built my pc.. SPEC nvidia gf4 ti4200, nvidia 415da mbd, 30 gb maxtor hdd, and pc2700 ram with a amd athlon 1800 XP I have several settings for the RAM in xbios all seem to have result in my pc becoming slower when I want to run anythig hile copying files etc.
I am just guessing at the ram being the problem could it be anything else???

Much appreciated
Mat

resort

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002
well you could maybe turn your machine to a "network server" under my computer it could improve your copying speed a bit

Cooldoud

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002
Isnt it normal ? I mean, I thought this was because the whole IDE bandwidth was used and hence Windows could not access system files as fast as it would usually do ? Not talking about the cursor slowdown, bur just the overall performance of the PC

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
of course the overall performance will slow down, but looks like that in this case it's "more than normal". Very subjetive topic.....

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
Some questions:
1) How full is your HDD?
2) Just to confirm: is your HDD a 5400 rpm model?
3) Download sisoftsandra, update it and then run the FILE SYSTEM BENCHMARK and let us know your score.

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>