Sign in with
Your question

Get sound from headphones and optical cable

Last response: in Windows 7
May 5, 2012 2:46:27 PM

I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a way to make Windows 7 produce sound through both the optical cable and headphones simultaneously. (sound from the same source) But I can't remember where I read it or how to make it work.
Can anybody help?
:) 
May 5, 2012 10:04:52 PM

i dont think they still support that feature in windows 7.. they removed that feature from windows vista.. "mysterious microsoft" :D 
m
l
May 6, 2012 1:04:27 PM

I'm sorry. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
I realize that Windows 7 doesn't automatically let you play sounds on anything but the "default" system. But my point was that I think there might be some way that you could use the headphone jack to power your computer's speakers while still sending sound to a stereo system through the optical cable. And I thought that I had read about that very configuration somewhere but couldn't remember where. So I was seeing if anybody else knew.
:) 
And yes Microsoft are a bunch of morons for not allowing users to use their speaker configurations any way they please.
;) 
m
l
May 11, 2012 8:56:59 PM

Ok, I finally found it on my own. Now I can listen to my PC speaker system and my stereo at the same time. (i.e in different rooms at the same time)
The only problem is that there is a slight delay in the playback between the two systems like a reverb. Probably because of the difference in wires.
Here's a link to make it work for those that are interested.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...
m
l
!