Networking using AdsL modem

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Modem
  • Networking
  • Internet
Last response: in Networking
October 8, 2012 4:50:11 PM

hi guys i have three PC all of of them are connected to internet via ADSL modem, can I transfer data between them like a normal network.i want to transfer data between two computer third is Notebook.
My modem is http://www.sagemcom.com/EN/products/communications/broa...

More about : networking adsl modem

October 8, 2012 8:01:27 PM

Yes, you can. I assume that you currently have all three attached to LAN ports on the modem and/or a wireless connection.

What OS is on the computers? For example in Windows 7 you can select the drive or files that you want to share, right click on them and then make changes to the sharing AND security tabs; in the security tab the easiest thing to do is to add a share group name Everyone and then set the sharing tab to the level sharing you want.
m
l
October 9, 2012 4:54:45 AM

i am using windows 7 and other using windows xp........but how i can connect them...
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2012 8:36:24 PM

As long as all three are on the same network (wired or wireless doesn't matter) you just right click a drive or file and select sharing and set the attributes you want. For Windows 7 you must also set the security tab by adding an Everyone share group.

Also make sure that each machine is a member of the same workgroup, and WORKGROUP should be the default unless changed.

Here is a detailed tutorial on how to: http://www.7tutorials.com/sharing-between-windows-xp-an...
m
l
October 10, 2012 4:03:16 AM

done all computer are now available every computer's network places or in windows 7 network center..now problem i am facing is that PC with windows 7 is sharing all files but PC with windows xp didn,t.they ask for username and password first windows 7 also ask for user and password i disable it from
Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Network and Sharing Center>Advanced sharing settings>password protected sharing

but don't know this method for windows XP/..
m
l
!